“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
August 4th, 2020//AO-Cornhusker Handicap// 58 degrees
PAX (12): Frosty, Lucky Charms, Gumbo, Touché, Ponzi, BetaMax, Boreland, Nugent, Polaroid, Spreadsheet, Swinger, Radar
Music: Apple Music – Elsa Pataky’s “Strong” playlist. // Seconds App – 30 second timer alerts to keep everyone on pace with this hellacious HIIT beatdown.
BetaMax welcomed everyone and after confirming no FNG’s, relayed the F3 mission statement, core principles and disclaimer.
*BetaMax shared that we would be stopping for a few minutes at each location on the tour and some PAX asked how far we would be going… BetaMax relayed… “far.”
Mosey to stage and back (people were sleeping on the stage)
- Jumping jacks x 20
- String rippers x 20
- Failure to Launch x 3
- Sun Gods forward w /calf raises x 10
- Sun Gods reverse w /calf raises x 10
- Monkey Humpers x 20
Mosey to Aksarben Tower
- 30 second Balls to the wall
- 30 second Australian mountain climbers
- 30 second Wall sits
Mosey to Chase Bank concrete benches
- 30 second Dips
- 30 second Step ups
- 30 second Decline merkins
Mosey to Inner Rail
- 30 second Burpees
- 30 second Walk/jump up wooden boxes and go down stairs
- 30 second Carolina Dry Docks
Mosey to unofficial park
- 30 second Jump rope
- 30 second Duck & Weave
- 30 second Switch stance
Mosey to Lotus House of Yoga
- 30 second Warrior 1
- 30 second Warrior 2
- 30 second Warrior 3
Mosey to BlueCross
- 30 second Jump up/step ups on ledge
- 30 second Merkin/flip/dip
- 30 second Plank
Mary (same location)
- 50 American hammers
- 30 LBCs
*Lots of mumble chatter, but the Q couldn’t hear over the music. It might have been for the best.
Name-o-rama (corner near Yoga studio, doing yoga moves)
Mosey to shovel flag
- Pop-up beat down tomorrow afternoon at 5:30 pm at Aldrich to say farewell to our brother, Rancid; drinks at 6:00 pm at Omaha TapHouse
- It’s not too late to sign up for GrowRuck – see RollBar for details.
YHC shared hard life lessons on his personal failures and using it as motivation to overcome obstacles to achieve his goals:
- Being told I wasn’t college material by his high school math teachers and guidance counselors; YHC has been a college professor for the past 15 years, to include teaching college algebra.
- Being told by my boss that I was not management material when I was an airman and a computer system administrator; YHC went on to be a senior enlisted leader at a joint military command and a vice president at a large technology company and now mentors veterans and people who were told the same thing.
- Being told I wasn’t good enough to play on teams for basketball, soccer, etc.; YHC competed in wrestling, karate and recently golf (recent DAL champion of 2A2F F3Omaha). OK… the last one was a bad example.
Always remember that, “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” – Denis Waitley