Futurama Backblast – July 23, 2020 | Low 70s and sunny
PAX: Stella, Polaroid, Flanders, Pony Express, DaVinci, Ramrod, Chickletts, Biff, Cyclone, Syrup, Othello, TC, Hashtag, Merch, Bogey, Spreadsheet, Gunner, Modify (FNG), Kibble ‘n Bits, Slow Pitch, KC, Sister Act
Q: Lucky Charms
At 5:30 on the dot, Lucky Charms welcomed everyone, reminding everyone of the mission and core values of F3, and reminded everyone he is not a professional. The key, as our FNG learned, was to MODIFY AS NEEDED!
Warm-a-rama: Around flagpole
- SSH x 15
- Tappy Taps x 10 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 each way
- High Knees x 15 IC
- Butt Kickers x 15 IC
Mosey back to shovel flags
PAX lined up across the hill and stairs for a series of exercises
- Bear crawl down the stairs (or hill) and lunge down the hill as the modify. Air squat to the 6
- Ran backward up the hill. Merkins to the 6
- Bear crawl down the stairs (or hill) and lunge as the modify. Windmills to the 6
Count off into 1s and 2s
The Thang: Stop 1
On the wall at the bottom of the stairs. PAX would do AMRAP of an exercise for :30, then switch to what the other group did. Finish that spot with a group exercise done together.
- Group 1: Derkins first, step ups/box jumps second
- Group 2: Step ups/box jumps first, derkins second
- Together: 15 LBCs IC
Mosey down the hill to the middle of the field
- Group 1: Air squats/Mountain climbers
- Group 2: Mountain climbers/air squats
- Together: 5 Burpees OYO
Mosey to bottom of hill on Dodge St
- Group 1: Merkins/Morocan Night Clubs
- Group 2: MNC/Merkins
- Together: American Hammers x 15 IC
Mosey back up the hill on the path to the Y intersection.
- Group 1: Bonnie Blairs/Low Dollies
- Group 2: Low Dollies/Bonnie Blairs
- Together: 5 Burpees OYO
Moseyed to open field on the West side of the park.
- Group 1: Cherry PIckers/SSH
- Group 2: SSH/Cherry Pickers
- Together: Flutter Kicks x 15 IC
Moseyed to bottom of the stairs
The Post Thang: Return of the Stairs
Completed a series of ways to make it up the stairs, moseyed back down the the bottom and held plank or Al Gore to the 6 each time.
- Skipped a stair
- One foot on each stair
- Both feet on each stair
- Bunny hop up
- Shuffled sideways one way all the way to the top
- Shuffled sideways the opposite way to the top (stopped at top of stairs this time)
Due to the PAX being so dang strong and fast, we had time for a few bonus exercises:
- 5 Burpees OYO
- Bear crawl down the stairs, run uphill backward
Omaha was called and PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags.
No Mary because this is Futurama and we work the full body throughout.
- The week of New AOs has started. Look to Twitter and Slack to attend one of the new AOs and some brutal beat downs from your friends.
After a frustrating night of a kid who wanted to be up, eating snacks, playing games, I was a bummer of a human that day. No energy, everything set me off. I was a bad dad, husband, friend, employee, boss. However, after a call from my wife I started telling her funny things our son did that morning, including how he tried to cheat at candy land each time we played between 2-4:30 a.m. We both laughed and it changed my mood. Sometimes, granted not all the time, we are at our best when we work to find the fun/lighthearted moments in tense situations. When we are frustrated, angry, tired, we can be the bright spots to bring the people around us up, not drag them down. Who knew I would learn that from a 2 year old?!
Pony Express lead us out in a brief prayer.