- Get the material (Powerpoint and handbook content) that covers your assigned section.
- Review where in the QSource you are – what Quadrant, sections preceding and following.
- Review your section (ppt slides and handbook content) in detail – Statement, Scripture, Synthesis, 3 Socratics, 3 Spurs.
- Understand the context in the Bible for the Scripture so you can paint a picture if necessary.
- While the material in the Synthesis provides great background and often has examples from Dredd, think of your own stories or experiences that illustrate the points.
- Remember your job is to be a Facilitator more than a Teacher.
- If the group is participating and speaking more than you are, that is a good thing.
- Encourage discussion.
- [Open with prayer.]
- Flip slide to the Statement.
- Highlight for the group where we are in the QSource handbook (some may have not been for a while) by briefly reminding them what came before and what we will cover today.
- Read the Statement.
- Flip slide and have someone else read the Scripture and discuss – provide context if needed to help illustrate why the passage relates to this section.
- Flip to the 3 Socratics and use the questions to generate conversation – while the Synthesis will propose answers, other opinions may be offered – encourage discussion and debate. The Socratic is the main course, and there typically is not an across-the-board right/wrong answer.
- Flip the slide to the Spur – this is the wrap up and action plan. Again, encourage discussion.
- In conclusion paint a picture of where we are going the next week – what follows.