June 30, 2020 | Zorinsky Lake Park | AO – Wild Kingdom | 78°
PAX: Tonight Show, Crab Cakes, Nitro, Butterfly, Thermo, La Deux, Thomas, Treestand, LPC, The Plague
Q: The Plague
This is F3 – Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
• SSH – 20 IC
• Imperial walkers – 20 IC
• Harry Rockettes – 20 IC
• Sun God’s – 20 IC (10 each direction)
Pre-Thang – Room Service
• Merkin & Groiner pyramid 1-6-1
The THANG – Pandemic
• 1 to 10 to 1 Reps (Pyramid with Multipliers) of:
• 1 Burpee
• 2 Mountain Climbers
• 3 Big Boy Sit-Ups
For each round of the pyramid, do the following movements with their corresponding multipliers: 1 Burpee, 2 Mountain Climbers, and 3 Big Boy Sit-Ups.
The way this workout is designed is you have a pyramid that goes 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and for each level of the pyramid, you do the listed movements and their multipliers. So for level 1 you do 1 Burpee, 2 Mountain Climbers, 3 Big Boy Sit-Ups, then for level 2 you do 2 Burpee, 4 Mountain Climbers, 6 Big Boy Sit-Ups, level 3 you do 3 Burpees, 6 Mountain Climbers, 9 Big Boy Sit-Ups…etc. all the way to level 10 where you do 10 Burpees, 20 Alt Mountain Climbers, 30 Big Boy Sit-Ups. Then you go back to 9 and work your way down to 1.
Circle of Trust:
• The Plague shared from the book “Greatness” by Don Yaeger on association
• In Freed to Lead it talks about the three holes of a bowling ball that each man needs to fill in order to get out of Sad Clown Syndrome and have an impact. One of those holes is the sifter which focuses on relationships and loneliness. “In our loneliness, we fall back on what’s easy and available: the Legacy Buddy, the Man Date, and the Work Buddy. None of these relationships is built to last or to withstand the inevitable shaking a man’s life will take from time to time. As a result, when the sifting starts, the man is left alone when he most needs a friend. If he’s lucky, he survives it more or less intact. If he’s not, he becomes a Humpty Dumpty, and we know how that story ends. All the king’s horses and men won’t be able to help the guy then.”
• Do you have someone in your life who is a pacer? Someone who challenges you to reach for the next level? Will you allow them to do so?
• The secret: recognize those individuals who have the potential to motivate you and allow yourself to be stretched. It’s all up to you as to if and how you let your association’s influence you.
• Surround yourself with people who will Pace you. Look for the ones who set an example, look for the ones whose competition will challenge you to do better as you both work towards a common goal and look for those who will motivate and encourage you to develop your potential.
• Remember, muscles can grow only if they’re worked beyond their current capacity.