June 17, 2020//Stinson Park//AO- Heavy Metal//77 degrees//
10 Pax: Samples, Safe Ride, Frosty, Hoosegow, Wentworth, Bloodshot, Beta Max, Folsom, Othello, Brazillian
2 Bonus Pax at coffiteria: The Big One and LowMax who showed up on bicycles.
Warm O Rama
Mosey a lap around Aksarben park area
15 Tappy Taps
15 Sun gods (forward)
15 Sun gods (reverse)
Today we celebrate BetaMax’s completion of #F3_250 (my 250th workout of 2020), which means Round 1 of reps = 250. Round 2 represents the next 250. Try not to take breaks, but modify as necessary and form is the more important aspect to reduce the possibility of injury.
- Front squat and press x 15 (IC)
Hold ruck (or dumbbells) close to your chest and perform a deep slow squat, upon standing, thrust your ruck (or dumbbells) into the air
- Merkins (with rucks) x 15
If using dumbbells, do hand-release ranger merkins
- Overhead front lunge x 15
Holding ruck (or dumbbells) over your head the entire time, perform a slow lunge forward and return to start, alternating legs.
- Seated z-press x 15
While sitting with our legs in a v-position, hold your ruck at chest level and do an overhead press
- Squats x 15
- Floor press x 15
Lay on your six and do a chest press with your ruck
- Jump squats x 15
- Front delt raise x 15
Hold ruck in front of you with arms fully extended and swing up over head, hold at top then lower.
- Hydraulic squats x 15 (IC) – slow
- Bent over one-arm ruck row x 15 (right)
- Bent over one-arm ruck row x 15 (left)
- Upright row (with top of ruck handle) x 15
- Ruck bicep curls x 15
- Ruck triceps extensions x 15
- Bent over ruck pull x 15f
- Ruck front swings (think kettlebell) x 15
- Burpees x 10
ROUND 2 until 6:05
- Weighted sit ups x 15
Lay on your 6, knees bent while holding your ruck (or dumbbells) overhead. Keep your arms vertical ask you complete a slow situp.
- Superman (with ruck on) x 30 seconds
- Flutter kicks with ruck held overhead x 20
- Glute bridge (on your six, ruck on your pelvis), thrust up x 20
- Plank for 2 minutes
- This Saturday at both Aldrich & The Pit is a 2.0 workout at 0700
- 1776 CSAUP on July 4th
- GrowRuck Kansas City – It’s time to register!
- New Top Rope AO is launching July 1st!
- Folsom & Brazillian’s friend, Mike, who just had surgery
- Honey Stinger & Honey Badger – recent loss of their mother
- Swinger’s mother – prayers for surgeons and doctors treating her and lab results
COT: Be present, where ever you are. BE the leader, even if you are not the boss. Lead by example.
“Get action; do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create; act; take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action.” -THEODORE ROOSEVELT