June 16, 2020//Westside High School//AO-The Colosseum //73 degrees//
21 Pax: Blood Shot, Huffy, Hoosegow, Chicklets (Respect!), Greek Freak, Ram Rod, Tug Boat, Davinci (Respect, Respect), Knobs, Wentworth, Sister Act, Flanders, Kielbasa, Grillz, Swinger, Stella!, Safe Ride, Pony Express, Samples (Respect!), Tenderfoot, and Folsom.
The PAX gathered just outside the track. The mission statement was made, the 5 core principles were stated, the disclaimer was made, and then Folsom led the PAX onto the football field.
Warm O’ Rama
- Mosey along the side line to the 50-yard line, shuffle across the 50 to the opposite sideline, mosey to the end zone, shuffle along the end zone to the opposite sideline, repeat
- Circled up at the 50 for a few Downward Dog to Werewolf moves and…
- 10 Pilates Merkins per leg (from all 4’s raise 1 leg as high as possible, do 10 merkins)
- High Knees ICx20
- Butt Kickers, ICx20
- Tappy Taps ICx 10
The Thang: The Dreaded Wrecktangle
Folsom had the PAX count off into fives and sent them to their corresponding stations at the corners to start the Wrecktangle. The four corners were where the sidelines intersect the endzone and the 30-yard line. On the sides running from the goal line to the 30-yard line, the PAX had to Bear Crawl between stations. The Pax had to sprint from sideline to sideline when moving along the longer sides of the Wrecktangle. Group five was the push, starting at station 1 and bear crawling to station 2 to push that group, who in turn had to sprint to push station 3, etc. We made it to most of the stations 4 times, but not all. In total we spent 25 minutes on the thang before Omaha was called. According to Stella that totaled 240 yards of bear crawling. Whew!
- Core: Chill Cut; Heels to Heaven, Heel touches, Big Boys
- Shoulders: Cherry Pickers, Sun Gods, Alternating Shoulder Taps, Bent over Clark Kents
- Legs: Bonnie Blairs, Bobby Hurleys, Alternating Mule Kicks, Copperhead Squats
- Chest: Burpees, Werkins, Booyah Merkins (without a partner), Merkins
MOM: The PAX circled around the 50-yard line again and partook in some core exercises.
- Homer, Marge for a while
- Low Dolly x25
- E2K x20/side
- Slow Freddy Mercury’s ICx20
Announcements/Prayers: This Saturday is the 2.0 beatdown for Father’s Day; Bring your kids! July 4th will be the 1776 CSUP, just do it, it’s Fun! Prayers were given for Honey Mama and the whole Duggins family. I’m sad to have learned after the workout that she passed last night. She went peacefully and is in a better place now. Prayers were also given for my friend Mike. He underwent heart surgery yesterday successfully! Now we pray for a safe and full recovery. He’s got a long way to go, but he’s survived the hardest part.
COT: Believe it or not, Folsom didn’t really have a COT. He sort of did it at the beginning when he told the PAX to push themselves, to make the workout hard, and that although it was going to suck it was only going to last for 25 minutes so embrace that suck. Folsom is proud to report that the PAX pushed themselves hard. Folsom was told after the workout that one man had never been closed to splashing but today merlot almost found its way onto the football field.