March 3, 2020|Zorinsky Lake Park| AO – Wild Kingdom | 38°
PAX: Hi hat, Chewie, Doolittle (FNG), Tapout, Firewalker, Barn door, Slick, Butterfly, Thomas, Hog, Tonight Show, Roll Bar, Wait Time, Tuna Fish, Armbar, The Plague
Q: The Plague
Welcomed 16 PAX to a beautiful morning at Wild Kingdom. The Plague reminded PAX that he is not a professional and to modify exercises as needed. Reminded PAX of the 5 core principles, and noticed there were no FNGs. Stated that F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership
PAX moseyed to the parking lot for warm-a-rama.
• SSH x20 IC
• Mountain Climbers x20 IC
• High knees x20IC
• Sun gods x20 IC
• Jump tucks x10
The Thang – The Beast
PAX moseyed to the field
The Beast: 6 reps of 6 exercises for 6 sets. PAX instructed to run 25 yards starting from the back of the end zone (so stops at the 25, 50, 25 and end line) and perform 6 reps of one of the following exercises each time we ran down the field and back. Total of 36 reps for each exercise.
• Hand release merkins
• Jump Squats
• Makhtar N’diayes
• Jump tucks
• Flutter Kicks
Following the Beast, and much to the PAX delight, there was time for a little girl who wanted to thank us for vanquishing the Beast. Her name was DORA.
DORA 1-2-3: Partner up. PAX 1 runs to the 50-yd line and back while PAX 2 begins exercises, then flap jack. Total combined reps as follows:
• Merkins x100
• Squats x200
• LBCs x300
Mosey back to shovel flag for 6 MoM.
• First Friday lunch this week
Circle of Trust:
• Leadershift by John Maxwell
• Just because something worked well yesterday, that doesn’t mean it will remain effective today; and what works today might not be the right tool for tomorrow.
• When opposition to rebuild came from the Arabs, Ammonites, and Ashdodites, Nehemiah was forced to adapt. While Israel’s enemies plotted to fight Jerusalem and foil their plans to rebuild the wall, he shifted his plan and turned his people from builders into builders and warriors! With a hammer in one hand and a sword in the other, his workers kept building the wall.
• Leadershifting is not about abandoning the values, principles, strategies, and training that got you where you are, it’s about those core parts of you through intuition and creativity—just as Nehemiah did by putting a sword in the perfumer’s hand and saying, “Keep building!”
• To be an effective leader, you must learn to leadershift. Today’s best will not be enough for tomorrow’s challenges. Are you willing to adapt?
• Questions to ask yourself:
o How adaptable to change do you think you are? Can you recall an example that illustrates that adaptability?
o In times of conflict, do you tend to rely more on what got you there in the first place—your training, values, strategies, etc.—or your intuition and creativity? Has doing so been successful?
• Prayers for injured PAX
• Prayers for family and the concentrica
Coffeteria commenced at Starbucks