2/27/20//Futurama//23 degrees (no wind)
20 PAX: Uncle Rico, The Plague, Ponzi, Khakis (Respect!) Rancid (Hate!), Toad Stool, TC (Respect!), Polaroid, Stella, Two Step, Falafel, Bubbles, Tater Tot, Samples (Respect!) Gunner, Othello, Safe Ride, Slow Pitch, Frosty, BetaMax
Q: Beta Max
BetaMax gave the F3 mission statement and core principles and confirmed that there were no FNG’s. Disclaimer was given.
PAX did the typical circle mosey around the loop of the parking lot and circled up around the Memorial Park memorial for Warm O Rama.
Warm O Rama
- Sun God IC x 10
- Reverse Sun Gods IC x 10
- Tappy Taps IC x 15
- SSH IC x 20
- Mosey to bottom of stairs
Pre-Thang: Wheel of Fortune
The PAX lined up and about half the HIM (who were first in the line) took a stab at guessing a letter on the white poster board. If the PAX guessed a letter, like A (which was not part of the solution), the incorrect guessing HIM got to choose an exercise beginning with A (air squat) for BetaMax to lead the PAX in performing.
Guess the solution and get it wrong? 5 penalty burpees!
- A – Air squats x 20
- E – Valid! _ _ _ _ E _ _ _ EE _
- Wrong guess: Fart Sack – 5 burpees
- T – Valid! _ _ _ _ E _ T_ EE _
- Wrong guess – 5 burpees
- U – Jump tucks x 20 (it has a U in it; we couldn’t think without the Exicon)
- R – Valid! _ _ _ _ E _ TREE _
- O – Valid! _O_ _ E _ TREE _
- D – Valid! DOD _ E _ TREE _
- BetaMax just forgot to put a T at the end of the second word <yikes>
- Khakis guessed the answer: Dodge Street
Lots of mumble chatter about BetaMax’s ability to spell and some conspiracy theories on BetaMax being teamed up with The Plague to try and have the PAX perform more burpees. Either way, everyone got stronger.
***Mosey to the Dodge Street Overpass***
The Thang: Three man grinder – “flying” over Dodge Street
The PAX counted off in groups of three (3) to kick off a grinder over the pedestrian bridge.
The Memorial Park side of Dodge Street was AMRAP of the following functional fitness exercises:
- Air squats
The UNOmaha side of Dodge Street was AMRAP of the following abdominal exercises
- Big boys
- American Hammers
BetaMax called OMAHA! at 6:06
***Mosey to the bottom of the Memorial Park steps for 6MOM***
6MOM (Minutes of MONKEY HUMPERS… also known as Howling Monkeys)
All PAX performed Monkey Humpers for what seemed like forever, but was really six minutes. Each HIM in the circle ventured into the center to one-up one another with their best “trick” moves. The “top three” moves observed by the Q were:
- Tater Tot performed a hand stand pushup! Just incredible form. His body was literally vertical. when he performed the “dry dock” merkin(s).
- Uncle Rico performed multiple clap merkins
- The Plague performed multiple alternating one-armed (merkin portion) burpees
- There were also notable entries, such as “The Worm”, dance moves, pickle pushers, oh-yeahs, etc.
- Several HIM performed partner exercises that the Q cannot figure out how to describe.
- Blood drive is tomorrow, Friday, February 28th
- Reach out to TC if you know a cancer survivor who is a single parent.
- Birdman’s cousin’s family
- Toad Stools’ father
- HIM with injuries, sickness and ailments who cannot join us in the gloom
We are creating tangible and intangible things that will shape and impact future generations. The bridge we ran across this morning is older than all the PAX who posted this morning; it was built 52 years ago and continues to provide safe travel for students, fitness enthusiasts and is a staple of the Omaha community. Check out the following video: https://vimeo.com/166559459
We have the opportunity (and responsibility), given where we live (our nation and city) and the wealth we have, to invest in ourselves, our families and our communities.
“As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” ~ 1 Timothy 6:17-19
12+ HIM got some caffeine and fellowship to kick off Thursday morning.