February 11, 2020 | AO – Cornhusker Handicap | 28°
PAX: Huffy, Ponzi, Folsom, Tater Tot, Two Step, Kielbasa (HATE!), Polaroid, Slow Pitch, Frosty, Doc Brown, Bubbles
Q: Lucky Charms
YHC welcomed 11 PAX to an F3 workout inspired by National Make A Friend Day. Reminded everyone that F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship & Faith and that we were going to focus on the First F. Reminded PAX that he is not a professional and to modify exercises as needed. We join here in the gloom to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership and that we are always free, held outdoors, open to all men, lead in a rotating basis and end in a COT.
PAX performed a short mosey to the tower.
- Goofballs x 15 IC
- Copperhead Squats x 20 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 IC forward and backward
- Tappy Taps x 15 IC
PAX moseyed to the stage, where they were instructed to partner up and make a friend. While one pair of friends sprinted to the shovel flag, did a burpee and sprinted back, the remaining PAX would complete one of the below workouts. Slow Pitch in either a fit of excitement or confusion tried to either wrestle or sprint out of the group out of turn, but was quickly reprimanded as only a group of friends could.
- SSH IC
- Monkey Humpers IC
- Grady Corn IC
- Alternating Lunges on the down
- Merkins on the down
- Flutter Kicks IC
With each group taking a turn sprinting, PAX switched up and found a new friend. These new friends bonded over 5 burpees before the next round of sprints and workouts.
- Air squats on down
- Carolina Dry Docks on down
- Big boys on Up
- Alternating Shoulder Taps IC (including a few red bull from Ponzi)
- Alternating Lunges on down
- Plank Just hold and breathe
Another switch of friends, 5 burpees and repeated round 1 exercises/sprints again. There was time for a fourth switch, but only time to complete air squats and Carolina dry docks before moseying to the playground for Mary.
- Big Boys 20 on Up
- Low Dolly’s 25 IC
- Hammers 10 IC on, 10 count off until all PAX had counted
- Hump Day Happy Hour on January 12 will be a bit early. Look to Folsom or F3 Second F for more info.
- A bowling fundraiser is being held to help more men, hopefully HIM, engaged with the mission of Girls Inc in Omaha. Two Step will be sharing more info.
- Bring Your M and Tap That blood drive will be on Friday, February 28. Sign up on Slack or you can contact Ponzi and Selleck.
- Prayers for Khakis’ family, specifically his son who is going through some tests all day today and his brothers’ father-in-law.
- Prayers’ for a speedy recovery for Polaroid’s cousin, Aubree, who fell and broke her arm.
- Leslie Knope, from Parks and Recreation, eloquently stated, ““We need to remember what’s most important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”
- This quote made me pause and reflect on how I totally agree, yet my priorities are out of whack. Most of my thoughts, efforts and energy go to work, which is last in importance for true happiness. I need to be more intentional with my friendships and not only make, but be a better friend every day.
- YHC asked Sky Q for guidance in making our families and friends a priority in our lives, even when it’s tough or inconvenient.
- Coffeteria/3rdF at Starbucks