MAIZE Backblast: Two of my Favorite things.
1/16/2020, The Maize AO
PAX: Crab Cakes, Tonight Show, Hard Hat, Blue Suede, Sully, Mufasa, Othello, Butterfly, Thomas, Wait Time, Barn Door, Slow Roast
Q: Slow Roast
13 PAX arrived in -1 degree weather to receive the welcome and disclaimer. The preblast indicated the workout would be a lot of Burpees and Running. Two of Slow Roast’s favorite activities.
The PAX moseyed around the parking lot to the basketball court for the Warm o rama. Slow Roast hit them with 5 burpees to get the blood flowing and because he knew they didn’t believe he would do them.
-Imperial Walkers 15IC
-Tappy Taps 20IC
-Cherry Pickers 20IC
The PAX moseyed down to the football field to start THA THANG
PAX stayed together and completed the workout in a circle to keep from freezing.
- 20 Merkins
- 20 Mt Climbers
- 20 Carolina Dry
- 20 Groiners IC
- Run down to the end zone, complete 5 burpees and run back
- ROUND 2
- 20 LBC IC
- 20 Freddy Mercury IC
- 20 Low Dolly IC
- 2o American hammer IC
- Jump Tuck/Broadjump down to 50 yard line, 5 burpees and run back
- ROUND 3
- 20 Should Taps
- 20 Second Plank
- 20 Hand release Merkins
- 20 Mt Climbers
- Run down the endzone, complete 5 burpees and run back
- ROUND 4
- 20 Squats
- 20 Bobby Hurleys
- 20 High knees
- 20 Monkey Humpers
- Bear crawl down to 50 yard line, complete 5 burpees and run back
- PAX ended in with doing calf raises in a circle, then back to the shovel flag for 20 American Hammers
Circle of Trust:
- Announcements: Sparty is Qing at the UNMC ice rink at 530.
- Prayer request for Christy Currie as she in her husband are in Houston getting treatment for her cancer.
- The COT, What was said and what was taken away may be two different things. The same way we show up and attack a workout in -1 degree weather is the same attitude we need to attack things in our personal lives. We don’t realize the little choices we make to lay out our clothes the night before a workout, set alarms, we wake up and having the choice to go back to bed and the fact that we get up and put on layers of clothes and go outside at 0530 and push our bodies, we are attacking the day like our brother Sasquash says. We “Poo Poo” these types of choices and see them as a daily routine. That is when Slow Roast lost the PAX. We need to attack the things in our personal life that we struggle with in the same way that we attack our morning workouts. Slow Roast ended with prayer saying that God loved the word “Poo Poo”
- Aye! Slow Roast