18 PAX: Honey Stinger, Sparty, Othello, Toadstool, Safe Ride, Rancid, Balboa (Respect), Stella!, The Plague, Samples (respect), Ponzi, Brazilian, Tug Boat, Slow Pitch, Beta Max, Polaroid, Two Step
Q: Lucky Charms
On a beautiful winter morning (33 degrees and foggy), YHC arrived early to scout out the conditions after snow and ice the day before. Despite being the largest, and most used park on snow days, there had been no work done to any paved portion of the park. With a workout planned to use the steps … modifications were made.
Lucky Charms looked for FNGs, stated that F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship and Faith, and then gave the 5 core principles. Lastly, LC urged PAX to be safe given ice, snow and slush. Modify as needed with a goal of no new additions to the bruiser group.
With a modified beatdown due to conditions, the workout commenced. The PAX moseyed to the bottom of the stairs for warm-a-rama, which included:
- SSH – 20 IC
- Sun Gods – 10 IC each direction
- Tappy Taps – 15 IC
- High Knees – 20 IC
- Butt kickers – 20 IC
The PAX broke out into groups of three. One team member would be at the bottom of the hill, another at the top of the hill with a push running in between. Each member of the team did each exercise AMRAP until pushed.
Top of the hill exercises:
- Walking lunges
- Flutter kicks
- Monkey humpers
- Bunnie Blairs
- Big Boys
- Air squats
Bottom of the hill exercises:
- Cherry Pickers
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
- Moroccan Night Clubs
- Grady Corn
The main challenge taken up by one group (led by Ponzi), was to sprinkle in some snowballs thrown at PAX to tag them out. There was friendly fire (sorry Safe Ride), but no injuries. Beta Max also took it upon himself to humble everyone else by springing up the snowy hill despite a pre-existing ankle injury. Very impressive.
PAX made it through the entire list of exercises together before meeting at the bottom of the hill for one last bit of fun. PAX would go in a squat position and shuffle up the hill (half facing one direction, half the other direction). This was done twice before Omaha was called.
- Pop-up AO on Saturday at 5:30 a.m. led by Sparty at the UNMC Ice Rink. This is next to a 24-hr skate-a-thon for Parkinson’s awareness and fundraising for research. Regular AOs will also be live Saturday at the regular scheduled times and places
- Prayers for injured PAX to get a speedy recovery and back in the gloom, especially Futurama’s site Q, No Doze.
- LC shared a quote by Dick Vitale “I learned from my mom and dad who didn’t have a formal education but had doctorates of love. They told me that if you gave 100% all the time, a lot of beautiful things will happen. I may not be right, but no one can ever accuse me of not having a genuine love and passion for whatever I do.”
- The message here is clear. Give 100% and give love. These two combinations will help you and the people around you find what they want and like to do and do it with passion. As HIM and leaders, our job is to create this passion for others by giving 100% every day to those we love.
- Coffeteria followed for those who hadn’t had enough fun playing in the snow already.