January 11, 2020 | AO – Oracle (FNB parking garage – winter quarters)
PAX, 31. Honey Stinger, Tonight Show, Blue Suede, Falafel, Blue Chip, Slow Roast, Tater Tot, FDIC, Sandlot, A-Bomb, Khakis, Room Service, Vandelay, Wet Bandit, Lemon Law, Uncle Ricco, Tug Boat, Crawl, Chicklets, Wait Time, Reba, Selleck, Slick, Pot Hole, Crab Cakes, Gipper, Big One, Slow Pitch, Cyclone – and FNG, “WEBELO”
Weather: cold as crap. 5 deg. 10 mph breeze – feels like legit cold
Cyclone n TC tag team on Purpose. Disclaimer. Core Values.
Get a buddy –
- Imperial Walkers
- Tappy Taps
- Shoulder Taps
THANG: a continuous hands of time – with a buddy. ‘six o’clock’ is the push – 15 Burpees. At end, yell, “LET’s ROLL” and pax run the entire hands of time circle passing last ‘hour’ and go to next station. At half time, will reverse direction.
Queue the music, Cyclone! Best Buddy Playlist.
- Thank you for being a friend
- You’ve got a friend in me
- Lean on me
- Why can’t we be friends
- Waiting on a friend
- You’re my best friend
- With a little help from my friends
- Stand by me
- I’ll be there
- My best friend
THE THANG – stations, expecting 40 PAX… we adapted.
- Monkey Humpers and Right Arm Side Plank
- LBC & Merkins
- Air Squats & Werkins
- Flutter Kicks & Half-way-down static merkin
- Sumo Squats & Alternating single leg chill cut
- Reverse Crunches & Alternating single leg chill cut
- Left leg forward lunges & Ranger Merkin
- Freddy Mercs & Plank Jacks
- Right leg forward lunges & Carolina dry dockers
- Heels to heaven & alternating shoulder taps
- Al Gore (get deep!) & Pickle pushers
- Big Boys & Red Bull Smurph Jack
- Balls to wall & Hand release merkins
- V-Ups & Jump Tucks
- Air Squats & Crab Cakes
- Peter Parker & Hyper-Red-Bull-on-Acid Run in place
- Bonnie Blaire & Sobriety Sun Gods
- Left Arm side plank & JUST DANCE! And cheer others
- Mountain Climbers & Sobriety Cherry Pickers
- PUSH! 15 BURPEES & Alternating leg kicks
- Gas pumpers
- Reverse big boys
- Regular big boys
- Rosalita on the “WAFFLE HOUSE” OPEN
Circle of Trust:
Eyes to the side are animals that hide.
Eyes to the front, are animals that hunt.
We are hunters – and we hunt in a very complex way. Like a pack of wolves, but without fangs and claws. If the hunter is working on the prize, chucking a spear, it is best to have someone watching his six – because we can’t see our six, our blind spots, our jesters. We can only see from 9:00 to 12:00 to 3:00. SO, our BESTIE is there to help us – to keep an eye on our six – and we keep an eye on theirs. It’s good to have a bestie!
Building from the Q source on “shield lock” – A ‘bestie’ in this sense requires 3P.
Proximity: geographically close. SO, put your arm around your buddy and let them know you are there!
Purpose: Commonality in mission, values, virtues. Accelerating at the same rate…. Maybe at the same stage in life. Like our work out, we are all doing different things – different jobs, hobbies, families, etc – but we have common purpose & values.
Periodic: we need to check in our bestie, regularly. Don’t wait for your gas tank to get empty before stopping for gas – be proactive, be prepared, be intentional and spend regular time with your bestie. It takes an investment of time to know your buddy – and know when and where and how you can keep on eye on each other’s six. Pain is finite – so the more we parcel it out and share burdens – the easier it is to bare.