December 20, 2019|Burke High School | AO – Golden Spike | balmy 30°
PAX: Khakis (respect), Brazilian, Crab Cakes, Room Service, Placebo, Uncle Rico, Jean Claude, Slow Pitch, Hog (respect), Butterfly (respect), FDIC, Sparty, Chicklets (respect), Blue Suede, Saul, Big One, Tater Tot, Splinter, Firewalker, Vandelay, Tin Cup, Wait Time, Birdman (FNG)
Q: Doc Brown (VQ – shout out to Saul for his help)
After 7 pre-ran and 1 pre-rucked this morning, Doc Brown welcomed 24 PAX to a balmy morning at Golden Spike. Explained the mission of F3, welcomed the FNG, gave the disclaimer and reminded PAX to modify as needed.
PAX moseyed a loop around the track and gathered in the end zone for Warm A Rama.
- SSH 25 IC
- Copperhead Squats 20 IC
- Cherry Pickers 15 IC
- String Rippers 15 IC
- Tater Taps 15 IC
- Mountain Climbers 15 IC
- Merkins 20 IC
Doc Brown had the PAX split into groups of 6-7 to get ready for the beatdown. Explained that the next 20 minutes would feature a modified ladder along the field. Running and exercises were to be done by all members of the small group at the same time, making sure to keep an eye on the 6 in each group. Rinse and repeat as many times as time allows. Reminder, modify as necessary.
- Sprint goal line to 25 yard line and back. 25 merkins
- Sprint goal line to 50 yard line and back. 50 LBCs (NOT IC)
- Sprint goal line to 75 yard line and back. 75 Air Squats
- Sprint goal line to goal line (100 yards) and back. 100 SSH (NOT IC)
- Lap around the track
- Big Boys, Flutter Kicks, Snow Angels, more Flutter Kicks (crowd favorite)
Circle of Trust:
- Announcements / Prayers
- Continued prayers for Splinter (Cell) and his family as they continue to push on and prepare for the emotional roller coaster ahead
- 3rd F opportunity at Heart Ministry Center (check slack for details)
- Jean Claude is ringing the bell for Salvation Army at NFM today and will dance/sing for $
- Convergence at Oracle on Christmas Eve (5:30 and 7am)
- Bruisers Coffeeteria – Monday Dec 23 @ Starbucks (156th and Dodge) – 5:45-7am immediately following Smurphing Aldrich – first cup is on the house!
- As I reflected this week on what my message to the PAX would be for my VQ, I found myself coming back to my name, which references the character Dr. Emmett Brown from the Back to the Future movie series. In it, Doc Brown was obsessed with creating a time travel machine that could carry him back and forth to the future. I won’t speak for everyone here, but my personal experience is that I often find myself worrying about the future or dwelling on the past, often at the expense of what is present – right before my very eyes. This week my daughter was diagnosed with Influenza A, and my M and I made the decision that I would stay home with both daughters for 3 days. I challenged/forced myself to stay in the moment with my 2.0s, agreeing to all of the silly games and creative make-believe that they could throw my way.
- As we embark on Christmas week, my challenge to all of you is to make sure to stay in the present. Enjoy the moments for what they are worth, as you can’t make memories in the present if you are too busy worrying about the future. Focus on your Ms, your 2.0s and all of the friends and family that surround you. Focus on your brothers in this COT. F3 has filled a void that I had in my life, and I am grateful for each and every one of you. Focus on the present moment, and don’t be a Doc Brown this Christmas season.
- Coffeteria was held at Starbucks (114th and Davenport)