11/15/19 ELMWOOD PARK AO – The Woodshed
PAX: Honey Stinger, Doc Brown, Khakis (RESPECT), Tenderfoot, Betamax, Stella, Roll Bar, Uncle Rico, Pony Express (HATE), Bloodshot, Swinger, Samples (RESPECT), Lucky Charms, Two Step, Tater Tot, Huffy, OMT, The Lifestyle (HATE), Ponzi, Slow Pitch, Safe Ride
Welcomed 21 PAX members to the late fall semester of Q School. YHC gave a clear and concise disclaimer and review of the mission of F3, and then discussed his normal approach to setting up and planning a Q. After that, a healthy mosey was taken to the Grotto.
- SSH 30 IC
- Tappy Taps 15 IC
- Tater Taps 15 IC
- Windmills 15 IC
- Merkins 20
- Air Squats 20
- Bobby Hurley 10
- Jump Tucks 10
Following the WAR, the PAX moseyed to Creeper Corner.
Pit Stop 1 at Creeper Corner
During the first stop at Creeper Corner, YHC reminded the PAX that the unofficial 4th F is Fun, and then proceeded to lead 20 Monkey Humpers IC and then 10 Pickel Pushers IC for good measure. The mosey continued to the UNO stairs.
Stairway to Merkin
Pax split into two groups with exercises waiting at the top and bottom of the stairs. While one group of PAX ran to the top for their defined exercises, the group at the bottom executed their own, followed by a “you call it” ab exercise until the stair group returned triggering the switch.
Top of the Stairs
- Merkins 20
- Ranger Merkins 20
- Alternating Shoulder Taps 10 IC
- Hand Release Merkins 15
- Cherry Pickers 20 IC
- Chuck Norris Merkins 15
Bottom of Stairs
- Air Squats 20
- Fence Sit 60 count
- Lunges 10/10
- Group Calf Raises 30
- Copperhead Squats 15 IC
- Sumo Squats 20 IC
Pit Stop 2 at Creeper Corner
For Good measure, the PAX stopped at CC again for 20 Lil’ Johns (Oh Yeahs), before moseying back to the shovel flags.
With time running short, 6 MOM was abbreviated to 30 American Hammers.
Announcements & Prayers:
- CSAUP still on – please consider donating to Boys Town list
- Prayers for Doc Brown’s family following the loss of his great uncle and godfather
- Reminder from Safe Ride to always remember that we are accelerating so we can benefit those around us, especially our M’s and our 2.0s.
- Prayers for all of those who have not yet found us, or those we have not yet found.
Circle of Trust:
In the COT, YHC recapped what was shared live during the Q School, including his personal take on the role of the Q. In summary:
- The Q is the “Concierge” of the workout, making sure the PAX receive a great workout, have fun, learn and have the opportunity to lead, and stay safe – it’s not about the Q themselves.
- The Q must keep things simple and FAST (avoid standing around at all costs).
- As long as The Q delivers a solid beatdown, remembers the 6, makes sure guys are having fun, and ends in a COT, they can’t fail!