September 18, 2019//Stinson Park//AO- Iron Pax Challenge//75 degrees//
7 Pax: Greek Freak, Roll Bar, Brazilian, Ponzi, Busker, FNG!: Highwater, Folsom.
Folsom welcomed the PAX to Iron Pax challenge week 3, especially the first timer. Folsom gave the disclaimer and stated the F3 mission. Then he took a minute to explain the Thang (see below). Without wasting any more time he kicked into warmorama, right then and there.
Warm O’ Rama
- Mosey while doing the following exercises
- Sun Gods
- Butt Kickers
- Pause, for Squats x12 and Merkins x12
- High knees
The Thang: Meter’s 43
Folsom explained the next 43 minutes of hell to the PAX, demonstrated the Burpee with Coupon jump, the Thruster with Coupon, and the Reverse Crunches.
- 10 Pull Ups
- 15 Burpees w/ Coupon Jump Overs
- 20 Coupon Curls
- 25 Coupon Thrusters
- 30 Reverse Crunches, a.k.a. Gas Pumpers (not what we call Gas Pumpers)
- I HATE BURPEES!
- Plenty of positive pump ups from all the guys
- 40 minutes in Lizzo aksed, “How ya feelin’?” While her backup singers responded, “Good as hell,” Brazilian responded, “Terrible!” We were all in agreement with Brazilian.
- The bros from Heavy Metal came over to join us for the last 5 or so minutes after they completed their beatdown and encouraged us and pushed us to greater reps. It was amazing.
Announcements: 9/26/19 is going to be the first ever F3 Omaha Pop Up AO. 18:30 hours at Wild Kingdom. 45 minutes of beatdown, followed by football and fellowship at Piezon’s Pizza. Don’t’ miss out!
COT: I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about how the Iron Pax challenge is an every man for himself sort of event and that isn’t what we normally do here at F3. I’m not saying it’s necessarily bad, I will say they are the hardest workouts I’ve ever done through F3. Anyway, it got me thinking that we need to take care of each other, and we have an amazing support system available to us but if we don’t use it, we are still just every man for himself. I know we, as men, are supposed to be the strong, silent, rock solid type, the steady oar. We NEED to let our guard down and be vulnerable with our support systems, we NEED to ask for help and speak up when we need it. I know from experience that our loved ones will support us and lift us up, making us stronger than we were before. All by being open and vulnerable.