Memorial Park AO | Weather: Thunder & Lightning
Pax: Slow Pitch, Khakis (respect), Safe Ride, Blue Suede, No Doze, Brazilian, Tugboat, Folsom, Pony Express (hate), Bubbles (hate), Chicklets (respect), Honey Stinger, Sparty, Gunner, Lucky Charms.
QIC – Lucky Charms
15 PAX to met in the gloom at Futurama. Gloom might be a bit of an understatement. After 45 minutes of it raining sideways and enough lightning and thunder for a year, there was a short break that provided us 65-degree weather and a light sprinkle. There was hope a beatdown could be completed before things picked back up. YHC welcomed everyone, looked for FNGs, gave the mission, values and disclaimer.
As the warm-up started at the bottom of the stairs, PAX saw a wave of water coming. The second piece of the storm had arrived. Despite the rain picking up, we proceeded through the following exercises:
- Tappy Taps: 10 IC (Still unclear if those were claps of thunder or the PAX IC)
- Sun Gods: 10 IC forward, 10 IC backward
- SSH – 20 IC
- High Knees – 20 IC
Now drenched and worried about if his phone would even work, YHC lead everyone to a brief thang.
PAX counted off into 1s and 2s. 1s were given one exercise to do and group 2 given another. Each group did their exercise for 30 seconds and then switched.
- Wall Jumps
- Moseyed north to a clearing … in the trees, not the rain. The rain was only getting started. Al Gored to the 6.
- Cherry Pickers
- Groups 1 and 2 joined up to do 5 burpees OYO
- Moseyed west near the baseball field. Khakis lead us through a flowing river of mud to the 3rd (and ultimately final stop).
- Air squats
- Mountain climbers
Right as the exercises started, a bolt of lightning hit a few hundred yards from the PAX and completely lit up the pitch-black park for 3 seconds. Safe Ride evidently moves like a gazelle when spooked, as he darted up the hill toward his car. No Doze claims that he can still see the bolt when he blinks. Omaha was called and resulted in the final workout of a 1/6-mile sprint uphill to our vehicles.
13 PAX met for Coffeteria and proceeded to make announcements and hold the NOR. Apologies to the two we failed to mention in the video. I think the overwhelming message today was to value what is important. While we want to accelerate … sometimes the best acceleration is to get the hell out of a storm.
- Family night at Vala’s is tomorrow (9/20/19)
- 2.0 workouts Saturday
- Traditional and 2.0 workouts will be held at both Oracle and The Pit
- Pop-up AO at Wild Kingdom on Thursday, September 26 at 6:30 PM. Folsom is Qing, but looking for a Co-Q. Reach out if interested
- An event for Nebraska Children’s Home Society is on Friday, October 11 at Kros Strain Brewery from 5-9 pm. Lucky Charms is on the board of the event and encouraged everyone to come out for a little 2nd F and to help raise money for kids and families in need in Nebraska. Contact LC for more info.
- We probably should apologize to Crane Coffee for completely taking over their shop at 6 a.m. with a bunch of sopping-wet dudes sitting on their cloth seats. TBD on if we are welcome back.