September 11, 2019/Stinson Park/AO – Heavy Metal/Temperature: 75 but comfortable
Pax: Brazilian, Cyclone (Respect!), Betamax, Bloodshot, Trademark, TC (Respect!), Samples (Respect!), Hightower, Folsom, STELLA, Selleck, Peekaboo (happy 1 year anniversary), Squidward, Gumbo, and Safe Ride.
Q: Safe Ride
Safe Ride welcomed the Pax at the playground area in Stinson Park at 5:30am. The mission statement and disclaimer were given. A very large contingency of Army National Guardsmen showed up for a Ruck at the same time Heavy was kicking off. Safe Ride wondered if there would be a long naming process for FNGs. Unfortunately, they went on with their routine and didn’t join the PAX for Heavy. Maybe next time!
- SSH x 20 IC
- Tappy Taps x 15 IC
- Shoulder Taps x 15 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 IC, forward then backwards
- Monkey Humpers x 15 IC
The PAX moseyed to the phallic shaped tower and found some wall space. From there everyone did some wall sitting and balls to the wall times two.
The PAX moseyed back to the playground area and circled up for some head to toe weightlifting. Each exercise contained three sets (20, 10 and 8 reps). After every two exercises the group left the area and ran around the tower. PAX would then return for more exercising. The PAX went through the following:
- Calf raises
- Lunges IC
- Goblet Squats
- Dead Lifts
- Bent over rows
- Upright rows
- Bench Press
- Hand release merkins
- Triceps overhead
Omaha was called at 6:07am.
- Big Boys – 38 IC
- American Hammers – 38 IC
Girl Talk’s “All Day” album. A very eclectic mix to keep the PAX happy and motivated. Safe Ride assumes it motivated the Army National Guard as well.
On September 11, 2001, our lives were turned upside down. The unthinkable/unimaginable occurred.
– 8:46 a.m. ET – American Airlines Flight 11 (traveling
from Boston to Los Angeles) strikes the north tower of the World Trade Center
in New York City.
– 9:03 a.m. ET – United Airlines Flight 175 (traveling from Boston to Los Angeles) strikes the south tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.
– 9:37 a.m. ET – American Airlines Flight 77 (traveling from Dulles, Virginia, to Los Angeles) strikes the Pentagon Building in Washington.
– 9:59 a.m. ET – South tower of WTC collapses in approximately 10 seconds.
– 10:03 a.m. ET – United Airlines Flight 93 (traveling from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco) crashes in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
– 10:28 a.m. ET – North tower of WTC collapses.
On that day, 2,977 people perished. Their ages ranged from 2 – 85. 75-80% were men; 343 NYC firefighters, 23 NYC police officers, 37 officers at Port Authority. The lives of every single American were changed forever. No one knew what to do. However, through the devastation, we as countrymen looked toward each other and collectively said “get back to work”. As hard as that was to say that’s what each and every one of us did. While at times it felt like it was a burden, in the end it was a privilege. It was, and continues to be, a privilege to wake up each and every morning and enjoy this thing we call life. Overcoming adversity,recovering and rebuilding is extraordinary. That’s what we, as American citizens did. That’s what we continue to do. It’s a privilege to wake up each morning and join these F3 HIM in the gloom. Take that privilege and continue to instill it into your life. We won’t forget the 2977. We will overcome adversity. We will enjoy the privilege!
- T Claps to Peekaboo who celebrates his 1 year anniversary with F3 this morning.
- Ponzi’s two club conundrum is this Saturday at Milt’s.
- Vala’s pumpkin patch is 9/20. The deadline to RSVP is this Friday. Be sure to sign up ASAP.
- The following morning on 9/21 is the 2.0 workout at both The Pit and The Oracle. There will also be a regular beatdown at each AO for those without kids (or if your kids decide to fartsack).
- There’s a special team of runners participating in the Nebraska Marathon (half and 5k as well) on 9/29. Please participate or donate if you can as it helps support the Pediatric Cancer Action Network. We love you Lowman!
Safe Ride closed us out in prayer