August 27, 2019/AO – The Colosseum/Temperature: a beautiful 61 degrees.
Pax: Wait Time, Polaroid, Khakis (Respect!), Folsom, STELLA, Slow Pitch, Tater Tot, Toadstool, Clorox (Hate!), Tin Cup, Scott Mollner (FNG – Hightower), Bloodshot, Swinger, Slow Roast, Truss, Placebo, Ponzi, Honey Badger, Room Service, Crawl, No Doze, Lowman, Chicklets (Respect!), Tenderfoot, Honey Stinger, Big One, Safe Ride.
Q: Safe Ride
Safe Ride promptly welcomed the PAX to F3 Omaha at 5:30. The Mission Statement, Disclaimer, and 5 Core Principles were given. The men then made their way onto the track.
The PAX moseyed around the track for 3/4 of a lap and continued to midfield for warm-a-rama. Once at the location, the following exercises were performed:
- SSH x 20 IC
- Chinooks x 10 IC forwards then backwards
- Sun Gods x 10 IC forwards then backwards
- Randys x 15 IC
- Apolo Ohnos x 20 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 20 IC
The PAX moseyed down the football field to the “red zone”. The group then performed exercises together at each five-yard marker, with a little exercise between each marker, until making it to the goal line for a touchdown. The “extra point” was a burpee. Once completed the PAX moseyed to the red zone on the other end of the field. The reps for the exercises at each marker were in descending order. So, 20 reps at the 20, 15 at the 15, etc… The following was performed:
Merkins – lunge walk in between
Squat – bear crawl in between
Shoulder Taps IC – broad jump in between
Monkey Humpers IC – army crawl in between
Plank Jacks IC – bear crawl in between
Lunges – broad jump in between
Werkins – bear crawl in between
Copperhead Squat – broad jump in between
Safe Ride called Omaha after 20 burpees were performed and the PAX moseyed to midfield for some Mary.
- Big Boy Sit Ups
- James Bonds
- American Hammers x 52 IC
“Now, we go out there and we half-ass it because we’re scared, all we’re left with is an excuse. We’re always gonna wonder. But, we go out there and we give it absolutely everything. That’s heroic. Let’s be heroes.” – Johnny “Mox” Moxon. Safe Ride discussed how F3 has made a profound impact on his life and encouraged the PAX to lean into this group and continue trying to implement our principles into their lives.
- Prayers for Swinger’s close friend who was significantly injured by a drunk driver.
- The Triple Murph Labor Day. Start times are 5/6/7 at each Murph AO.
- 2nd F happening on September 14th at Milts. Two club only round of golf. Contact Ponzi if you’re interested.
- 2nd F family event on September 20th at Valas. Thanks to Crab Cakes for organizing.
- 2.0 workout at the Oracle the following day on September 21st. The Pit will still be holding a regular beatdown, sans 2.0s.
- No Doze and Wait Time provided the PAX a quick update on Waffle House and how his story has inspired/impacted them. We’re all thinking of Waffle House in his recovery. Keep working hard, brother. RESPECT!!
We ended in prayer.