7/23/2019 | Cornhusker Handicap AO | Stinson Park
PAX: No Doze, Lowman, Brazilian, OMT, Tater Tot, Khakis, Safe Ride, Plague, Trademark, Bloodshot, Kielbasa, Wario, Smashmouth, Ponzi, Clorox, Folsom, Caesar, Biggie Smalls, Picabo
FNG: Spackler (Tommy Anderson)
Q: The Big One
Weather: Awesome. Unseasonably cool. Almost chilly.
The Big One welcomed the PAX, gave the mission statement, core principles. Forgot disclaimer, but added it later. The PAX then moseyed around the sidewalk to the Obelisk for Warm-o-Rama.
Lowman led the group in stabilizing exercises from his Nike workout app. He reminded The PAX to engage their core during the exercises. The exercises were simple but effective and left The PAX sufficiently spent.
The PAX then partnered up for a BOMBS grinder. They moseyed across the street, just beyond the softball field to what the Big One named Solsbury Hill. Once there the Big One explained that he hasn’t been able to get the song “Solsbury Hill” by Peter Gabriel out of his head since he heard Honey Stinger singing it a few backs. With that being the case the Big One thought it’d he’d put together a Peter Gabriel inspired playlist for the grinder. The grinder then commenced. One partner ran up the hill and back down while the other partner did the exercises below. As a team they had to complete the requisite number of reps.
Burpees x 50
Overhead Claps x 100
Merkins x 150
Big Boy Situps x 100
Squats x 250
- Flutter Kicks
- Freddie Mercuries
- American Hammers
- The PAX debated the timeline of Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins in Genesis. No one knew for sure how long they were in the band together, but Big One later discovered that Peter Gabriel left in the mid 70s while Phil Collins and others carried on…glad we figured that out!
- Name-o-Rama. Welcome Spackler!
- Prayers for Wario’s son.
- No Doze is collecting water on Thursday for the KFAB Summer water drive.
- Lowman encouraged PAX to participate in the Taco Ride August 1st.
- Big One recalled a message from Lowman awhile back that no matter how cloudy it may be down here, the sun is always shining above the clouds. He was reminded of that this past weekend when flying. He took a picture from the plane looking out at the sun shining over a thick blanket of clouds and showed it to his 2.0s. They loved seeing it and thinking about that. Big One encouraged the PAX to always think about that sunshine no matter how cloudy it may seem, and that the sun is never too far away.
- Big One closed with a prayer
- Coffeteria at the AO with discussion about ‘Ego is the Enemy’ led by Plague
The Big One