July 20, 2019 | AO – The Pit | Halleck Park | Clear, 79°, Feels like 82, Humidity 75%, Wind 8mph from S
PAX: Wario, Brazilian, No Doze, Lemon Law, Honey Badger, Ponzi, Biggie Smalls, Wait Time, Borland, Shocker (FNG), Jigsaw (FNG), Pallid (FNG), Gunner, FDIC, Tonight Show, Wipeout (FNG), Bloodshot, Fire Walker (FNG), Clorox, The Plague
QIC: The Plague
YHC showed up early for a pre-run and was welcomed by a nice peaceful morning in a beautiful park. So much beatdown potential with pavilions, hills, ledges, benches, open space, sports fields, etc. This is gonna be a good one! YHC was welcomed by No Doze and began the pre-run – we ran into Biggie Smalls who was running on the nearby Papio Trail and continued for a 5K reconvening back at the shovel flags to pickup additional guys (Wait Time, Fire Walker (FNG), Bloodshot & Lemon Law) for some more pre-running.
As the PAX arrived, the excitement grew getting ready for the first beatdown at The Pit.
Disclaimer: Introduced PAX to the 3F’s – Fitness, Fellowship & Faith. YHC is not a professional (all learned this fairly quickly). All PAX are here of own free will. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself – modify any exercises as necessary. Q has a phone in case of emergencies. YHC called out FNGs to quickly introduce themselves and for some reason kept thinking there was an FNG named Zach…there was definitely not anyone there named Zach so the FNGs introduced themselves using their actual names.
PAX moseyed around the lake to the grassy knoll behind the lake for warm-a-rama.
During these exercise YHC covered cadence vs. on your own – counting is the hardest part!
- SSH 20 IC
- Sun Gods 20 IC (10 each direction)
- Mountain Climbers 20 IC
HOLD – YHC explained the 5 core principles while the PAX held a plank for about
- 5 Core principles – Free of charge, open to all men, held outdoors (rain or shine/heat or cold), peer led in a rotating fashion, and ends with a Circle of Trust
- Windmills 15 IC
- Peter Parkers 20 IC
- Parker Peters 20 IC
Dora 1, 2, 3 – Partner up – F3 Credo is “leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him”
Partner 1 starts at the bottom of the hill working through 100 Merkins (pushups), 200 Big Boy Situps, 300 Squats while Partner 2 runs to the other side of the grassy knoll, does 5 burpees, and runs back
Switch until all reps have been completed
PAX were noticeably parched and although not typical to our beatdown, YHC instructed PAX to mosey back to the water cooler for a plank/hydrate to the six.
YHC decided to call an audible and the PAX moseyed to a shady spot in the park for a COP.
Demonstrating Shared Leadership, YHC called on PAX to count the cadence for these exercises:
- High Knees 20 IC – Tonight Show
- Merkins 20 on down – Borland
- Freddy Mercuries 20 IC – Wait Time
- Bobby Hurleys 20 IC – No Doze
- Lunges 20 IC – Lemon Law
- Werkins 20 on down – The Plague
- LBCs 20 IC – FDIC
- American Hammers 20 IC – The Plague
Mosey back to shovel flags
- YHC shared that today marked 5 years of F3 for Wait Time (F3Omaha Nan’tan) – his decision to expand F3 to Omaha impacted YHC’s life greatly. 7/21 marks one year of F3 for YHC
- YHC reflected on the impact F3 has had on creating
consistency in my life and my definition of success
- Successful people do consistently what other people do occasionally
- We often don’t succeed for three reasons:
- We focus on the what but don’t understand the why – goals don’t determine success, systems determine success
- We don’t see progress fast enough – we wrongly conclude that small good decisions and small bad decisions don’t matter
- It’s the things that no one sees that bring results everyone wants
- Our distorted identity sabotages our success
- An unhealthy identity creates unwise habits
- Unwise habits reinforce an unhealthy identity
- Who do you want to become? Lean into F3 and let these men help you discover your true identity and potential.
- When you know who you are, you’ll know what to do
- Prayers for health of PAX, family members and friends in difficult seasons
- Ego is the Enemy Discussion Starts next week – both Tuesday AOs
- Donations for homeless shelter will be collected through the end of the month.
- Bottled Water donations accepted at next week’s Thursday AOs
- 2nd F Opportunity – Taco Ride
Coffeteria today was held at the AO – PAX were greeted by a local PPD officer who was gracious enough to take our picture in front of the shovel flags. Hopefully we’ll see him out at a future workout!
Great inaugural workout even with many that committed to the launch being out of town this weekend. YHC felt very welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed working out with this group of HIM.
Next Saturday – same time, same place!
YHC took us out with a prayer.