PAX: Stella, Tater Tot, Merch, Billy Boots, Polaroid, Baby Grand, Cyclone, Ponzi, Safe Ride.
Weather: it was nice out. In a weird way.
10 PAX. Who’s “WEIRD” or … what is your “WYRD?” I guess we will find out. This workout was an opportunity for PAX to be weird and FREE to discover their true selves – not for transformation – but for LIBERATION of who we really are.
Who’s ready? Don’t matter… let’s go!
Pax ‘moseyed’ in single file to the INFINITI Circle.
THANG: the Wyrd Infiniti Circle
All moves done according the creative rhythms of Weird Al Yankovic.
12 stations, arranged in an infinite circle with Wyrd music piped from the center. Pax rotated / ran / bear crawled / crab walked their way between stations at the sound of the time whistle.
- Single-Legged sobriety squats – with sungods. Laugh and tease others (in a good way).
- Overhead press (weighted) – with copper head squat. Count 1, 2, 3! Loudly. And smile.
- Air Squat – while hold a coupon over your head. Howl like a monkey. And smile.
- Merkins – on the blocks or whatever wyrd way you want. Yell “Booyah!’ a the top of each rep.
- Cherry pickers – while running in place (or imperial walker). Sing along with the music, or just call out people’s names.
- Single-Legged sobriety squats – with sungods (hopefully the other foot) – cheer each other on. Loudly.
- Eskimo Carolina dry dockers – hold that nose to a blade of grass for 5-10 seconds. Laugh loudly at the top.
- LBC … with legs straight up. And cry like a baby, loudly.
- Block-0-hurley. Yes, with a coupon in your hands – do Bob Hurleys! Yell “Watch OUT!” at the top of each rep.
- Mountain Climbers – and Yodle, loudly, while doing them.
- Reverse Plank butt pushers. And yell “Oh, Ya!” at the top of each rep. … or else do them one-handed.
- Heels to Heaven. Grunt loudly.
- Pickle pusher
- Side plank with hip thrust
- Reverse plank with butt pusher
- Side plank with hip thrust
- …. Repeat.
- Heal Touches
- Boat / Canoe – to “Bring Sally UP!” …. (Bring Sally Down). That was a weird idea…
Circle of Trust:
You all are WEIRD. Or, in old English, WYRD. Which used to mean – “SPIRIT” – as in YOUR spirit, your essence, your true self. Your Weird (yes, you ARE wryd). And if we can own it – to discover who we really are – what our true talents and gifts are – what makes us happy – our purpose – our dolphin – and then, be authentic IN OUR WYRD – others will see you …. And we will follow!!
YOUNGER NEXT YEAR!! A flash back… and reminder to keep your head on straight!
Every damned DAY!!
ACTION! Either we dying or we are living. Your choice. From the book: “Younger Next Year” by Harry Lodge, tells us about the two types of ‘cytokines’ in our bodies; C-6 is the master chemical in your body for inflammation, which is effectively “decay.” C-10 on the other hand is your body’s master chemical for “growth,” When you release enough C-6, you trigger C-10. C-10 is released after a workout, to repair your body and make it stronger. Learn more here: http://sourcesofinsight.com/the-new-science-aging/
Purpose + Action = the cure…
Harry’s Rules to be ‘younger next year’ … is it coincidental, that there are 7 rules?
- Exercise six days a week for the rest of your life.
- Do serious aerobic exercise four days a week for the rest of your life.
- Do serious strength training, with weights, two days a week for the rest of your life.
- Spend less than you make.
- Quit eating garbage!
- Connect and Commit.
Action. Keep showing up!