5/24/2019 | Golden Spike AO | Burke High School
PAX: Stretch, Placebo, Tonight Show, Bubbles(Hate) Ascot, Honey Badger, FDIC, Wafflehouse(Respect), Vandelay, Wait Time, Ponzi, Blue Suede, Hard Hat, Tator Tot, The Plague, Lowman, Baby Grand, The Big One, Khakis(Respect), Saul,
VQ: Slow Roast
Weather: 10 minutes of rain
Slow Roast welcomed the PAX to the inaugural Golden Spike. Thanked Ponzi and The Woodshed for converging. Gave the Mission statement, core principles and disclaimer.
PAX moseyed around the track for a warm up lap and then meet at the 50 yard line for the Warm-o-Rama.
Sun Gods – 20 IC
Tappy Taps – 11 IC
SSH – 20 IC
Mountain Climbers – 20 IC
The PAX moseyed down to the End Zone for The Pre THANG
The PAX split off into four groups of six for Pickle Pusher Hurrdles. First man runs to the 10 yard line to do Pickle Pushers as the second person hurrdles over and stops on the 20 yard line to do a round of Pickle Pushers as this continued the length of the football field where the PAX did 10 Burpees on their own. Slow Roast had the PAX repeat the same excercise back to the opposite endzone to end with another 10 Burpees.
The PAX paired up for the Thang. Slow Roast had the first man run from the 50 yard line to the end zone, then they had to shuffle the length of the end zone and then back paddle from the end zone back to the 50 while their partner started in on the first of three excercises.
125 Carolina Dry Docks
125 Air Squats
If the PAX finished they were told by Ponzi to rinse and repeat.
Slow Roast told the PAX that he would randomly yell “BURPEES” and everyone would have to stop their excercise and do 5 burpees together and then continue the beat down where they left off. Most of the PAX made it through their workout and right before Omaha was called, Slow Roast hit them with another round of Burpees thanks to Wait Time telling Ponzi that it was 6am, indicating it was time to end the workout.
- Freddie Mercurys 15 IC
- Big Boys 20 on up
- Heel Touches 15 IC
- American Hammer 20 IC
- Ponzi announced OMT and Bubbles MAN Shower at Barrett’s on May 29th at 6pm.
- Wait Time reminded the PAX about the double Murph on Memorial Day at both AO’s. 5:30am and 7am.
- Bubbles announced that he and Wafflehouse will be starting a Murph at 5am in the Summer for the PAX that can’t make the 5:30am Murph.
- PAX named 4 FNGs Welcome (Goldberg, Joystick, Novocain and Awesome Sauce)
- Slow Roast read from Bob Goff’s book “Love Does” about how we are invited every morning to be engaged and live life to it’s fullest. “Accepting the invitation to show up in life is about moving from the bleachers to the field. It’s moving from developing opinions to developing options. It’s about having things matter to us enough that we stop just thinking about those things and actually DO something about them. Simply put, Jesus is looking for us to participate.” A lot of us have been in the bleachers so to speak but VQ week has allowed us to come out of the bleachers and participate and that if you have never Q’d or it’s been awhile since you have Q’d. Now is the perfect time.