May 4, 2019 | AO – The Oracle | Boy’s Town | 50°
PAX: Bubbles, Gipper, Reba, Coach K, CSI, Boom Boom, Top Shelf, Sa-squash, Tenderfoot, Duffner, Saul, Lightyear, Ladeaux, The Plague
Q: The Plague
The Plague welcomed the 34 PAX to a glorious morning at the Oracle. The Plague used Wait Time and Vandallay as props to explain the beatdown’s two main themes of Kentucky Derby & Star Wars. Discussed the plan for splitting PAX into two smaller groups, gave a disclaimer and explained the mission of F3. The Plague gave some direction about where the PAX would mosey but would later change his mind and stop for warm-a-rama at the football field. The Plague totally forgot that Tater Tot, Big One and other Bruisers were waiting back at the shovel flags for the PAX to return…
Meanwhile, back at the football field, warm-a-rama ensued.
- SSH 20 IC
- Cherry Pickers 20 IC
- Mountain Climbers 20 IC
- Mountain Man Pumpers 10 IC – these were odd
- Alternating Shoulder Taps 20 IC
- Jump Tucks 10 on up
The PAX then numbered off by 1’s & 2’s – 1’s went with Lowman and 2’s went with The Plague.
The Plague led his 14 PAX to the soccer field for some pain stations. As per usual, The Plague struggled with counting but after asking the PAX to count off twice, the groups were decided and the THANG began.
PAX moved from station 1 à 2 à3 with station 1 being the pusher group.
Station 1 – String of Pearls (Pusher group)
- Cone 1 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins sprint
- Cone 2 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, sprint
- Cone 3 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, 20 Carolina Dry Docks
- Cone 4 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, 20 CDD, 25 Air squats
Station 2 – 11’s
- Total should add up to 11
- Burpees on bottom, merkins on top
- Start with 10 burpees and 1 merkin, then 9 burpees and 2 merkins
- Bear crawl up and Crawl bear down
Station 3 – Derby Wine Mixer
- Jump squats 20 on down
- Catalina wine mixers 10
- Jump Lunge 20 IC
- Alternating shoulder taps 20 IC
- Bobby Hurleys 20 on down
- Mountain Climbers 20 IC
- V Up 20 on up
- Merkins 20 on down
Bubbles kept whining throughout the workout and was flashing the thumbs up sign to The Plague the whole time. Some comments about the ridiculous length of the hill for bear crawl and crawl bear 11’s.
Once all three groups completed these stations the PAX met at the goal post for a final station:
- Run down and back, then 20 hand release merkins on down
- Gas Pumpers 20 IC
- American Hammers 25 IC (Bubbles)
- The Plague shared
some thoughts on how we deal with issues as men
- Recent events required The Plague to call an audible and call on all the PAX to be vulnerable with the struggles in their lives. Too many men are lost to the destruction and darkness caused by isolation and we (F3) need to be a safe place for guys to discuss their challenges and feel supported. As we support each other we become stronger and extend the Third F to other men in our community.
- PAX commented that often times the negative thoughts are not our own and are inspired by the darkness that we sometimes find ourselves in
- “I have learned now that those who speak about their miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more” C.S. Lewis
- TAPS –
- Prayers for PAX and family members dealing with health issues
- Plague closed out in prayer
- Coffeteria/3rdF at Karma Koffee or Scooters