April 12, 2019|AO – Golden Spike | Burke High School | 31° F with a real feel of 19° F, 20+ MPH wind
PAX: Chaz (H), Roll Bar, Vandelay, Wait Time, FDIC, Slow Roast, Honey Badger, Waffle House (R), Big One, and Saul
Welcomed 9 PAX to Golden Spike. Saul explained the mission of F3, checked for FNGs, gave the necessary disclaimer and reminded PAX to modify as needed.
1 – Warm-A-Rama
PAX moseyed around the track for one lap and then congregated at the 50 yard line for Warm A Rama.
- SSH 25 IC
- Sun Gods (both direction) 10 IC
- String Rippers 10 IC
- Windmills 10 IC
- Mountain Climbers 10 IC
- Merkins 20
2 – Plank Hurdles
PAX gathered in the end zone and divided into three teams. 1st man from each group sprints to the 10 and planks, 2nd sprints, hurdles him, planks on the 20, 3rd man hurdles each, planks on the 30, etc. At the end of the group, 1st man sprints, hurdles everyone, etc.
PAX carried this out twice, endzone to endzone.
3– Ladder Sprints -50 burpees
PAX then lined up at the goal line for yet more running but with burpees
- Goal line to 20 yd- 10 burpees OYO then back to Goal line
- Goal Line to 50 yd- 15 burpees OYO then back to Goal line
- Goal Line to other 20 yd- 10 burpees OYO then back to Goal line
- Goal line to Goal line- 15 burpees OYO then back to Goal line
A 10 count was needed at this point because of the excessive running on the windy field. And, Saul needed to locate his list of exercises for the next round.
4-Partner Exercise-Stairs and a circuit of leg/ab exercises
- 1 Partner runs all 4 stairs
- 10 dips or incline merkins at top or bottom of each set of stairs
- Other Partner-does circuit of exercises until
- LBCs-15 IC OYO
- Squats 15 OYO
- Flutter Kicks-15 IC OYO
- Lunges-each leg-15 OYO
- American Hammer-15 OYO
- Big Boy-15
- Rinse and Repeat until partner returns
- Some variation of the above exercises occurred. Saul never located his sheet with the circuit of exercises. The PAX did a great job of stepping up and calling out exercises.
- Captain Thor (Up to 4 Big Boys: 20 American Hammers)
Circle of Trust:
- F3 Kansas City will be joining us at the Oracle tomorrow.
- Family and Friends of Mike Kuhl to include Peaches
- Hard Hat’s mother
- Saul read two quotes from Ryan Holiday’s, Ego is the Enemy
- Your potential, the absolute best you’re capable of—that’s the metric to measure yourself against. Your standards are. Winning is not enough. People can get lucky and win. People can be assholes and win. Anyone can win. But not everyone is the best possible version of themselves.
- Only you know the race you’re running. That is, unless your ego decides the only way you have value is if your better than, have more than, everyone everywhere. More urgently, each one of us has a unique potential and purpose; that means that we’re the only ones who can evaluate and set the terms of our lives. Far too often, we look at other people and make their approval the standard we feel compelled to meet and as a result, squander our very potential and purpose.
- It’s you versus you fellas. Continue to try to get better. Stop comparing yourself to others. Be the best you!
Next F3 Event –4/13/19 @ 0700 – The Oracle –with No Doze