April 3, 2019|Paradise Bakery, Regency | AO – Paradise Island | 35°
PAX: Saul, Vandallay, Big One, Point Break, Honey Badger, Wait Time, FDIC, Khakis (R), Chaz, The Plague
Q: The Plague
Welcomed 10 PAX to a beautiful morning at Paradise Island. Explained the mission of F3 and reminded PAX that The Plague is not a professional so they need to be safe and modify exercises as needed. The Plague explained that the workout today would consist of exercises at each station bui
PAX moseyed to the Beach Club for warm-a-rama
- SSH 20 IC
- Mountain Climbers 20 IC
- Merkins 15 IC
- Alternating Shoulder Taps 15 IC
- Cherry Pickers 20 IC
PAX moseyed around the cove for a beatdown, stopping along the way to perform moves:
Stop 1 – 5 burpees, mosey
Stop 2 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, mosey
Stop 3 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, mosey
Stop 4 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, 20 Carolina Dry Docks, mosey up the FINAL ROSE
Stop 5 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, 20 Carolina Dry Docks, 25 Air Squats, mosey
Stop 6 – 5 burpees, 10 merkins, 15 LBCs, 20 Carolina Dry Docks, 25 Air Squats, 30 Flutter Kicks, mosey back to shovel flags
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared from the QSource Blog from 4/3
- The first
quality of a relational leader is the ability to understand how people feel and
think. As you work with others, recognize that all people, whether leaders or
followers, have some things in common:
- They like to feel special, so sincerely compliment them.
- They want a better tomorrow, so show them hope.
- They desire direction, so navigate for them.
- They are selfish, so speak to their needs first.
- They get low emotionally, so encourage them.
- They want success, so help them win.
- Recognizing these truths, a leader must still be able to treat people as individuals. The ability to look at each person, understand him, and connect with him is a major factor in relational success. That means treating people differently, not all the same as one another.
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through him who strengthens me”. This popular verse holds different meaning now when applied to self-awareness and the ability to understand other people.
- The first quality of a relational leader is the ability to understand how people feel and think. As you work with others, recognize that all people, whether leaders or followers, have some things in common:
- UNDERSTANDING PEOPLE
- Reminder of First Friday lunch this Friday, 4/5
- Khaki’s reported out about his trip to New Orleans and visiting their F3 group
- Prayers for health and protection of our PAX and their families
Coffeteria/3rdF discussion about WHETSTONE (Q1.8)
- WHETSTONE – The vertical relationship between men
- Proverbs 27:17 – “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another”
- What is the purpose of mentorship?
- Are there any required components to effective mentorship?
- How does a mentor benefit?
- A man must be sharpened like a knife blade
- Hard looks and straight talk (tempered by love) get results
- The Whetstone is necessary for bother the Blade and the Stone to get right.
Aye! The Plague