March 27, 2019|Paradise Bakery, Regency | AO – Paradise Island | 50°
PAX: Ethanol, Point Break, Saul, Vandallay, Honey Badger, No Doze, Tonight Show, FDIC, Khakis (R), Tony Malito, Waffle House (R), Placebo, Honey Stinger, Bubbles, Chaz, The Plague
Q: The Plague
Welcomed 16 PAX to a beautiful morning at Paradise Island. Explained the mission of F3 and reminded PAX that The Plague is not a professional so they need to be safe and modify exercises as needed. Plague also discussed the prevalence of male depression especially in relation to the number of men committing suicide daily. Encouraged PAX to reflect on the difficulties they’re facing in their lives during the beatdown and be ready to discuss during QSource.
PAX moseyed to the Beach Club for warm-a-rama
- Seal Jacks 15 IC
- Alternating Shoulder taps 15 IC
- Slalom Mountain Climbers 15 IC
- Oh Yeah’s 15 IC
- Single Leg Raise 30 IC (15 each leg)
PAX moseyed to the base of the Final Rose and did 22 Merkins and 22 Pickle Pushers IC. PAX then moseyed up the Final Rose to Parliament square for the thang.
In honor of the 22 veterans who commit suicide every day, The Plague introduced the PAX to 22’s – which were the same as a Black Jack only total count up to 22.
Start at the bottom of the hill and perform 1 Big Boy Sit-up – run to the top of the hill – perform 21 Burpees. Run back down and do 2 BB. Run back up for 20 Burpees. Repeat until you do 21 BB and 1 Burpee, running up and down the hill. Always adds up to 22.
PAX Completed the following sets:
- 1 BB & 21 Burpees
- 2 BB & 20 Burpees – mumble chatter and hate towards the Plague began here
- 3 BB & 19 Burpees
- 4 BB & 18 Burpees
- 5 BB & 17 Burpees – PAX began to realize we would never complete this THANG in the allotted time
- Some PAX completed 6 BB & 16 Burpees
- Point Break completed 21 BB & 1 Burpee (at least that’s what he said 😊)
The Plague called Omaha and had the PAX perform a final bear crawl up the hill and reverse bear crawl down the hill.
PAX then moseyed back to shovel flags for mary.
- Peter Parker Twist 20 IC (10 each side)
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared Proverbs 16:2 “All
a person’s ways seem pure to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD.”
- Without God’s word of grace to build us up, we will fall into false guilt or false innocence
- We must learn to be self-aware, examine our motives and respond appropriately
- The Plague talked about this applying to conversations/disagreements with his M and how the simple act of pausing before responding can help ensure his response accelerates his marriage
- Prayers for PAX on the IR
- Reminder from No Doze that COT is confidential and guys should be encouraged to share their needs, thoughts, concerns, praise, whatever they need to share
Coffeteria/3rdF discussion about male depression & SHIELD LOCK (Q1.7)
- To bring
awareness to male depression The Plague posed the following question to pontificate:
- Have you or someone you love ever had clinical depression? If so, what helped you get through the worst times?
- What, if anything, positive have you gotten from the experience? For example, did it help you become more humble, more patient, more creative, more authentic, more hopeful, more spiritual?
- If you have experienced depression both as a family member and as a client, how were those two situations different?
- If a loved one of yours was seriously depressed, what actions did you take that were helpful for yourself? For the other person?
- What would you tell someone who you thought was seriously depressed?
- What would you do if you felt suicidal? If a loved one felt suicidal?
- What can your community do to help people with depression? Your social community? Your religious community?
- SHIELD LOCK – The horizontal relationship between men
- Ecclesiastes 4:12 – “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A chord of three strands is not quickly broken”
- Are some men born to be lone wolves?
- Do Communities benefit when men combine?
- Can a man begin the fight against adversity before he encounters it?
- Man hunts best in a pack.
- Men recognize the Advantage of mutual defense
- Acceleration of the Shield Lock requires preparedness
- Next F3 Event – 3/28 @ Futurama w/Ponzi & @The Maize w/Ethanol