Title: Welcome to the Jungle…Gym
AO: Wild Kingdom (Launch)
PAX: Khakis, Honey Stinger, FDIC, The Big One, Saul, Hard Hat, Folsom, The Plague, Tater Tot, Bubbles, Honey Badger, Crab Cakes, Roll Bar, Chaz, Wait Time, Cyclone, Daniel-San, Ponzi, Ethanol, Peaches, Tonight Show.
QIC: Tonight Show
Conditions: 43 degrees. Cloudy, 3 mph wind, 81% chance of rain… nary a street light to be found.
Today was the launch of yet another @F3Omaha AO and YHC is the site-Q. The pax in Omaha do not disappoint when a new AO launches. Needless to say I was excited. This location was my old backyard before moving… to the other side of the lake… about 1 mile away… I couldn’t wait to introduce everyone the splendor of this great AO. (More on that in COT)
YHC welcomed the pax from out of the dark. The mission statement was relayed and disclaimer was given. No FNG’s were in attendance today just the regular stalwarts trying to get better each morning.
The pax moseyed to the marina (crummy old boat docks) and circled up for the Warm-A-RAMA.
- Hairy Rockettes * 14 (IC)
- Steve Earle *14 (IC) (Copper Head Squat + Hillbilly)
- Blades of Steel * 15 (IC)
- * Steel Blades * 15 (1C) (This was interesting. Laying on your back push your upper body up using your elbows. If you are super BA, you push you six off the ground also you are in a reverse plank on your heels and elbows.)
- Sun gods * 10 (IC) F+R
- Suicide squats (baby, regular, deep) (Some unusual counting here… by EVERYONE. Additionally, the call “baby squats” should be replaced with Brazilian squat.)
*No known Exicon term so YHC fully intends to petition the lexicon committee.
The pax moseyed back to the playground and numbered off by three. A very brief explanation of the stations was given and Pax were otherwise instructed to just figure it out.
Station 1 – Jungle Canopy
- Run to canopy hill (This was a big #crowdpleaser. Expect to see this one again.)
- On return push Station 2
Station 2 – Picnic by the lake (all exercises done using the picnic tables)
- Table Shrugs * 15
- Single leg squats * 10 (each leg)
- Derkin * 15
- Step up * 20 (10 each leg)
- Carolina dry dock * 12
- Cop-a-squat * 10 (Squat by sitting on bench)
- Rinse and repeat until pushed by Station 1
Station 3 – Jungle Gym of pain – Mini Murph
- Pull-ups * 5
- Merkins * 10
- Squats * 15
- Rinse and repeat until pushed by Station 2
This was a beatdown of some variety. Lots of #mumblechatter and #leadership as Pax self-organized their groups based on availability of pull up bars and picnic tables. (This was on purpose and a sight to behold. You all have the ability to lead a workout! Now reach out to a site-Q and do it!)
As the nocturnal animals headed to their slumber it was time for the men of Omaha to end the Thang and move the lakeside berm for Mary.
- Captain Therkin * 4
YHC asked everyone to look to the West. We could make out the shadow of hill which makes up Bauermeister Prairie Preserve. It is 1 of 2 native unplowed prairies in Omaha. One definition of preserve is “Maintain something in its original state.” I rejected this definition as it is decidedly un-F3 like. It does have another much better definition, “a sphere of activity regarded as being reserved for a particular person or group.” (That’s more like it)
YHC reminded everyone, “We may forget at times but one thing is true – this world is a battlefield. Day by day, hour by hour, we face a spiritual war and an enemy who’s real. He wants nothing more than to bring defeat, for his main aim is to steal, kill, and destroy.”
Pax you weren’t meant for the first definition of a preserve. You were meant for something bigger and you were meant for it TODAY. Not tomorrow, not next week, TODAY. James 4:13-15 reminds us life is short and there is no reason to put off what you were made for.
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
What activity have you been reserved for you and you alone? Do it today. Reconcile with your wife, say you’re sorry at work, get on the floor with your kids when you get home and say “YES” to their request to play. Don’t wait.
Announcements: (TONS of the them)
- Chaz got a job in Omaha. He’s going to be sticking around!
- Walk On asked guys to do #50 merkins each day the NCAA tourney is on in support of Addiction Recovery Awareness. He is also working on a run fundraiser through Creighton. See Folsom or Walk On for details.
- The Plague encouraged guys to post to a workout tomorrow as all of F3 Nation will be working out with the theme or raising awareness of depression and the staggering number of men affected by it.
- Others from Big One…
- And others…
- At this point I realized I need to record the announcements to remember them all. Post them to the Twitter box gang.
Thank you to Brazilian for closing CH today to support the launch of Wild Kingdom. I’m so grateful for the support of all the man who made the journey to Colorado today.
We did some weird reverse cadence counting on the suicide squats this morning where the pax counted to 3, instead of the Q, then started back at 1. It made me giggle and I couldn’t think of any better way to explain it. Nice work!
Thanks to The Plague for calling out that Therkin includes the suffix merkin. Thanks to all PAX that noted we should have done 8 hammers, not 4 on round 2. #countingishard
Khakis as always you are a total stud. You pulled guys along today and made them better. Look at you brother!
Wait Time for all the support you provide as Nan’Tan a friend, I hope you realize the impact you are making.