The Woodshed Backblast: One Shining Moment
3/15/2019 | The Woodshed AO | Parking Lot OUTISDE of Winter Quarters
PAX: The Plague, Ponzi, OMT, Picabo, Baby Grand, Cyclone
Q: The Big One
Weather: 30 and Windy
The Big One welcomed the PAX to March Midtown Madness. Gave the Mission statement, core principles and disclaimer.
PAX moseyed out of the garage to the parking lot across the street for Warm-o-Rama
Slow Tempo Squats
Alternating Shoulder Taps
The PAX then jogged to the far end of the parking lot and back.
Pax paired up and shuffled 50 yards while passing a basketball back and forth. Stopped and did 10 merkins and then went back and did another 10 merkins. Repeated this for a total of 200 yards of shuffles.
The PAX jogged to the far end of the parking lot and back again.
Pax paired up and rotated through a bracket of 4 exercises.
Field of 64:
64 – Jump Ropes
32 – Mountain Climbers IC (this was much harder than the Q anticipated)
16 – Bobby Hurleys
8 – Alternating Basketball Merkins
Repeated this rotation 3 times
4 Ladders Sprints
10 Burpees x 2
- LBCs 15 IC
- Flutter Kicks 15 IC
- American Hammer 20 IC (while One Shining Moment played in the background furthering the PAX’s sense of accomplishment)
- Prayer request for Picabo’s friend who is battling melanoma
- Reminded Pax about the beginning of Wild Kingdom at Zorinsky on March 26th. Cornhusker Handicap will converge that day.
- The Big One read a quote from John Wooden… “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out” and stressed that while we don’t always have control of our situation and the things that happen to us, we have control over how we react to them. The HIM of F3 are improving their lives because they are making the best of how things have turned out…
- The Big One took the PAX out with prayer
- Coffeteria at Starbucks.
The Big One