February 20, 2019|UNO Parking Garage-Winter Quarters | AO – Paradise Island | 26° F with light snow
PAX: Khakis (R), Point Break, Honey Badger, The Plague, Waffle House (R), Bubbles(H), and Saul
Welcomed 6 PAX to a snowy morning at Paradise Island’s Winter Location on 67th and Pacific. Saul explained the mission of F3, checked for FNGs and reminded PAX to modify as needed.
1 – Warm-A-Rama
PAX moseyed out of the garage and south on 67th street. The PAX navigated around plenty of heavy equipment scooping snow and entered the BCBS parking garage for warm-a-rama
- SSH 20 IC
- Windmills 10 IC (each direction)
- String Rippers 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers 20 IC
- Calf raises 10 IC
PAX decided they would continue south to visit F3 Heavy Metal at the Pacific Life parking garage. Upon arriving at the Pacific Life garage, PAX did one lap around the garage.
2 – Monkey Humpers
PAX approached Folsom and Brazilian to serenade them with Monkey Humpers (10 IC). The Heavy Metal crew seem amused but kept pumping iron.
Mosey back to UNO Parking Garage
3– Residence Inn
To break up the mosey, PAX stopped at the Residence Inn for 10 Bobby Hurleys.
4 – Paradise City
Upon arriving back at the UNO Parking Garage, PAX went up to the 4th floor to jam out to “Paradise City” by Guns and Roses. During the song, PAX planked the whole time but did a Merkin for every “Paradise City” verse (13 total). The monotony of the song was broken up by some slippery Mountain Climbers.
- Captain Thor (Up to 4 Big Boys: 20 American Hammers)
- LBCs 30
PAX then moseyed back to the first floor for CoT.
Circle of Trust:
- Saul shared with PAX his reasoning behind the Paradise City exercise, besides the obvious connection to the AO Paradise Island. We are in the dog days of winter. Be thankful that you are physically and mentally well enough to post at F3 workouts. Try not feed into the community narrative that the weather sucks. That can be toxic thinking that ultimately drags you down. Be grateful.
- Prayers go out to Khakis and his family and friend. Khakis’s friend’s son ended his life this week. He was 21 years of age. Khakis encouraged the PAX to be aware of signs of depression and be there for family/friends in dark times.
at a spacious Kum and Go café/3rdF discussion about
- The Daily Discipline Of Physically Training The Body
- 1 Corinthians 9:25 “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training, they do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.”
- What is the most important component of fitness?
- What is the purpose of exercise?
- What is the best way to accelerate fitness?
- A man’s right relationship with himself – his fitness – begins with his body.
- A man maintains fitness for reasons outside of himself.
- Fitness is best accelerated by running with faster men
Next F3 Event –2/21/19 @ 0530 – The Maize AO –with Waffle House