February 12, 2019 | AO – Cornhusker Handicap | Stinson Park | 25° sloppy post-snow
PAX: OMT, Ponzi, Bubbles, Folsom, Room Service, Brazilian, Big One, Tater Tot, No Doze, Wait Time, Saul, Khakis, The Plague
Q: The Plague
Welcomed 13 PAX to a sloppy 25° morning at Cornhusker HC. The Plague explained the mission of F3, looked for FNGs and gave the disclaimer encouraging modification as needed. The Plague then explained what Destination Disease means: the belief that if we just arrive somewhere (attain a position, accomplish a goal have relationship with the right person), we will be successful. Success is knowing your purpose, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others
The PAX moseyed around the track to the tower for warm-a-rama.
The Thang – Destination Unknown
PAX counted partnered up and moseyed to the garage. Upon arrival to the first floor of the garage Bubbles noted that the second floor might have less dirty-winter-slush on, PAX moseyed up to the second floor and indeed Bubbles was a truth-teller!
Burpkins – partners
One partner did Merkins while the other partner did a burpee. On the jump of the burpee, jump over the partner doing merkins, then switch. PAX did this as mode of transportation up the parking garage ramp. Quite a bit of mumble chatter about how much longer the ramp was than it initially looked.
Captain Therkins – 1:4 Big Boy Sit-up to American Hammer with 5 merkins between sets. Got up to 5:20
PAX then assumed the position on a wall for “Destination WALL”
- BTW – 30 count
- 10 count rest
- Chicken peckers – 4.5 IC – due to availability of wall space PAX claimed they couldn’t hear YHC call the cadence, so this exercise was halted prematurely. The Plague encouraged the ladies to attend Folsom’s Heavy Metal weights. workout to improve their overall strength 😊. This was likely a Q-error in setting up the PAX on the wall in prep for this THANG.
- 10 count rest
- Australian Mountain Climbers – 20 IC
- 10 count rest
PAX moseyed back to the shovel flags for 6MOM.
- The Plague shared some
thoughts on Destination Disease and complacency
- Joke: A man told his doctor that he wasn’t able to do all the things around the house that he used to do. When the examination was complete, he said, “Now, Doc, I can take it. Tell me in plain English what is wrong with me.” “Well, in plain English,” the doctor replied, “you’re just lazy.” “Okay,” said the man. “Now give me the medical term so I can tell my wife.”
- Proverbs 1:32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them.
- Complacency means a feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, feeling too comfortable in your present place. In other words, complacency is feeling content for the wrong reasons. We can call it laziness, I will do it later attitude, laid back attitude.
- Complacency is one such thing it can get in to every area of our life. If we are not careful, the more we get used to what we are doing we become very complacent in life.
- Don’t get comfortable, celebrate wins and move on. A true winner knows how much he must learn even when considered an expert by others and losers want to be considered experts by others before he has learned enough to know how little he knows. What got you here won’t get you there.
- TAPS –
- continue to pray for all our F3 brothers who are injured or unable to attend workouts due to other circumstances
- TC had surgery – he’s in our prayers daily
- Saul’s family member with cancer – continue to pray for guidance and peace
- Plague closed out in prayer
- Coffeteria/3rdF at Starbucks
Next F3 Event – 2/13/19 @ 0515 – Paradise Island – The Plague on the Q