01/30/2019|WINTER QUARTERS – Stinson Park | AO – Paradise Island | -15° and -28° windchill
PAX: Khakis (R), Wait Time, Waffle House (R), Selleck, FDIC, Brazilian, Folsom, The Plague
Q: The Plague
Welcomed 8 PAX to the coldest morning of the year so far at Stinson Park, winter quarters borrowed from CornHusker Handicap AO. Reminded PAX that we may be insane but definitely not stupid, so today’s workout will be mostly inside the parking garage stairwell. Plague provided a disclaimer and PAX moseyed to garage.
PAX moseyed to parking garage 4th floor stairwell for warm-a-rama
- SSH 15 IC
- Sprinkler 15 IC
- Air Chair Sun gods 10 IC (each direction)
- Air Chinooks 10 IC (each direction)
- Failure to Launch – Hold Air Chair while Q counts down from 5 then on jump do jump tuck x 10
The Plague explained the THANG as a twisted game of cards where a selected a card then performed the exercises on the card. Run between cards to different stairwell.
Card 1 – Ascending Testicles
Start with feet on wall in 15 degree descending Merkin (Derkin) position. Do 10 Derkins then walk feet up wall to 45 degree Derkin position. 10 more Derkins then walk feet up wall to full Balls to the Wall pose. Can add 10 more Derkins here if you’re tough enough.
Card 2 – Chicken Peckers
Feet up on the Wall, Hands on the ground. IC lift your hand and touch your opposite shoulder.
Card 3 – Mike Tyson
Place your feet against a curb or wall while in a plank position. Contract the legs for a horizontal squat. (1) Extend legs (2) Perform a Merkin (3) Return to starting position (4) or one rep.
Card 4 – Wall of Fire
While PAX are doing People’s chair take turns doing 10xmerkins 10xLBCs 10xburpees.
Card 5 – Dirty Hookup
Performed as 4 count exercise. Pax plank up, facing a wall with eyes on wall. “1” Right hand raised to press against the wall, “2” Left hand raised to the wall (now in horizontal plank), “3” Right hand down to ground, “4” Left hand down (back to plank position)
Card 6 – Step Ups
On a low wall, raise each leg one at a time up on the wall. Sometimes the second leg can be brought up to the chest before placing on wall. Often times done in a ladder along with another exercise
- Gas Pumpers 20 IC
- Flutter Kicks 20 IC
- American Hammer 30 IC – led by Folsom
PAX then stayed in the stairwell for CoT.
Circle of Trust:
- The Plague shared from a story from the book Art & Fear about quality vs quantify and how we should fail forward
- The ceramics teacher announced on opening day that he was dividing the class into two groups. All those on the left side of the studio, he said, would be graded solely on the quantity of work they produced, all those on the right solely on its quality. His procedure was simple: on the final day of class he would bring in his bathroom scales and weigh the work of the “quantity” group: fifty pounds of pots rated an “A,” forty pounds a “B,” and so on. Those being graded on “quality,” however, needed to produce only one pot – albeit a perfect one – to get an “A.” Well, came grading time and a curious fact emerged: the works of the highest quality were all produced by the group being graded for quantity. It seems that while the “quantity” group was busily churning out piles of work – and learning from their mistakes – the “quality” group had sat theorizing about perfection, and in the end had little more to show for their efforts than grandiose theories and a pile of dead clay.
- It doesn’t matter whether your objective is in the area of art, business, ministry, sports or relationships. The only way you can get ahead is to fail early, fail often and fail forward
- Quantity leads to quality – apply this to Q’ing workouts – the sooner you get started Q’ing or Co-Q’ing the faster you’ll become better at it. Learn from your mistakes and keep applying those learnings to future Q’s. If you wait until you design the perfect workout, you’ll never Q.
- FDIC – pray for guidance during busy season of life
- Waffle House – pray for friend’s daughter pregnant with twins – one of the twins passed away
- Khakis – family friend Jen who is receiving cancer treatment
- Coffeteria/QSource discussion about F4 | LDP
- Leadership Development Process
(LDP) – the process employed by a group to develop new leaders
- Hebrews 5:8-9 “Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him”
- Is a leader born or made?
- Are there common elements to leadership development?
- Should the leadership development process be controlled from the top of an organization?
- Great leaders develop new leaders
- The LDP has four steps: Schooling, Apprenticeship, Opportunity, & Failure
- The LDP depends upon decentralized execution to central purpose
Next F3 Event –1/31/19 @ 0530 – The Maize AO –with Ethanol