12/14/2018 | The Woodshed AO | Elmwood Park |
PAX: Tonight Show, The Plague, Wait Time, Lowman, No Doze, Tater Tot, Point Break, Saul, Picabo, Folsom, Ponzi, Placebo, Bubbles
Q: The Big One
Weather: A manageable 23 degrees with no wind.
The Big One welcomed the PAX. The mission statement, core principles and disclaimer were given.
PAX moseyed to the south along the trail and then back into the park for Warm-o-Rama:
SSH x 15 IC
Squats x 15
Imperial Walkers x 12 IC
Monkey Humpers x 10 IC
Merkins x 15
Mt. Climbers x 10 IC
PAX Moseyed north on the trail to the east parking lot. Did 3 sets of 10 Alternating Shoulder Taps, 5 Burpees, 15 LBCs
PAX moseyed at a quicker pace up the hill to stairs by the soccer field. Planked to the six, then did Makhtar Ndiayes x 10 IC.
The THANG: Stairs Climb with 11s
Pax did 1 merkin at the bottom of the stairs and then proceeded to run to the top. Once at the top we did 10. Ran back to the bottom and did 2. Ran to the top and did 9. We continued with this pattern, with the merkins adding up to 11 until we did 10 at the bottom and 1 at the top. In all we did 10 stair climbs and 121 merkins!
The Q thought we needed a little more, so took the Pax through two sets of Squats x10.
Pax moseyed back to the flags for MoM.
Freddie Mercuries (slow cadence)
LBCs with Flutter Kicks
American Hammer x 40 IC
- Name-o-Rama. No FNGs
- Prayer request for Lemon Law and his family
- Prayer request for Point Break and his family
- Wait Time asked the Pax to keep TC in our thoughts as he has to stay off his foot for 7 more weeks. Encouraged us to include him in 2nd F gatherings. WE miss you TC!
- The Big One cited Ponzi’s quote from a few weeks back… “Adversity in life doesn’t happen to you it happens for you”. Reminded the Pax that while we don’t always have control over the things that happen to us, we have control over how we react to them. The Big One shared that he is striving to take charge of his life and not fall into the habit of blaming others or making excuses. We ultimately have the control. We are our own Boss.
- The Big One closed with a prayer.
The Big One