10/27/18 | The Oracle AO | Heroes Blvd – Boys Town
22 PAX: Superfly, The Plague, Kilowatt, Vandelay, Coach K, Cyclone, Reba, Borland, No Doze, Brazilian, Pinkman, Mayhem, Saul, Room Service, Tater Tot, Big One, S’Mores (FNG – Charles Kistler), Flashdance (F3Suncoast), CSI, Tonight Show,
Co-Qic: Selleck & Lowman
Weather: 44 & fantastic
After the welcome, mission, core principles and disclaimer, the PAX moseyed south on Heroes Blvd to the nearest parking lot. Field for the warmarama. Lowman lead through series:
- SSH x 20 IC
- Windmills x 15 IC
- String Rippers x 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 15 IC
- Chasing arms x 15 IC both ways
- Cherry Pickers x 15 IC
In the warmed up circle, Selleck moved into BWM’s (bitching moaning and whining) which begs for some refinement from Selleck on design and execution! Thanks for a forgiving PAX!
BMW – PAX holds plank for the duration
B – Blades of Steel x 10 IC
M – Mt Climber Merkins (two Mt Climbers IC, two merkins)
W – 10 Werkins IC
Rinse at repeato x two sets. PAX performed werewolf X2 two in between sets.
PAX moseyed to north end of Heroes’ blvd and partnered up.
- 1 Partner performed static lunges while the other partner ran to the first street light and performed 7 burpos (lower burpee)
- Partner 1 ran back to starting point and to tag out with partner2 who completed same suicide distance and burpo could
- Cycle completed for 7 street light posts and descending count of burpos
- Half way through non-suicide running partners switched from Lunges AMRAP to air squats.
THE THANG – Field of Fears
PAX moseyed to field north of shovel flags to complete web of death workouts. PAX numbered off by 5’s. each group was sent to a different station with listed exercises. The 5th station is SSH X 15 IC served as the pacesetter while all other stations were AMRAP for each round. When SSH group completed their round they ran to station 1 to bump to station 2, etc.
- Chuck Norris
- Diamond Merkins
- Crucible Merkins
- Monkey Humpers
- Sumo squats
- Al Gore
- Air Chair with overhead claps
- Cherry Pickers
- Carolina Dry Dock
- Moroccan night clubs
- Reverse Plank
- Big Boy Sit ups
- Pickle Pusher
- Plank Jacks
- Turkish Get Ups
- Mt Climbers
- SSH 15 IC – then run to relieve station 1, station 1 to relieve station 2
Selleck and Lowman called Omaha during round 4 of the rotation. PAX moseyed back to shovel flags for ab session.
Lowman got to the core of it:
- Heal taps – 20 IC
- Freddie Mercury – 30 IC
- Cindy Crawford – 15 IC each side
- Captain Thor – achieved level 6 status.
While the group was working through physical pain this morning during the beatdown, Selleck read an except from Michael Sterling’s Untethered Soul and as a good reminder to question if we allow pain/fear to distract us from the important stuff.
Prayer request for all to be mindful of how we fill our worry-bucket and that it does not limit the leadership we bring to our families, work colleagues and community. Rather we continue to face our pain/fears and grow stronger for it.
Lowman & Selleck