9/28/2018. The Woodshed AO | Elwood Park | 6700 Elmwood Park Road
PAX:Brazilian, Pablo, Folsom, Bluegrass, Tonight Show, The Big One (HBD!!!), Picabo, Waffle House, Walk On, Roll Bar, Biggie Smalls, Selleck, Ponzi, Baby Grand, EZRider, The Plague, Tater Tot, Wait Time.
Co-Qic: Wait Time & Selleck
Weather: 58 and brisk
Wait Time welcomed 18 PAX to the gloom while Selleck fumbled around with his speaker. Wait Time informed the PAX he and Selleck were called off the bench to pinch hit for an Ethanol who is on temporary injured reserve list, but seeking to return ASAP. Wait Time and Selleck were invigorated to LEAD at 4:30 AM. Mission statement, core principles and disclaimer were given. The somewhat organized co-Q’s in charge promised a worthy beatdown accompanied by ultimate hip-hop mash-up from the 90’s.
PAX moseyed to hobbit hole for warm-o-rama led by Selleck:
High Knees – 15 IC
Butt Kickers – 15 IC
Windmills 10 IC
SSH – 15 IC
The PAX circled up and remained in the hobbit hole for ATM’s:
All done in order, with no rest, without leaving plank position.
- 5 Alternating Shoulder Touches In Cadence (4-count)
- 5 Tempo Merkins (down on the 1-2-3, up on 4)
- 5 fast Merkins.
PAX rinsed and repeated 4 rounds with some down-dog/werewolf in between. The PAX took a short mosey to north parking lot for what Selleck coined Angel’s on Horseback from previous Maize beatdown.
Angels on Horse-Back
PAX splits into two groups and is lined up on the opposite side of the parking lot
- PAX are in plank position with feet on the curb preparing for Derkins; Group 1 completes 5 derkins while Group 2 holds plank – then it’s switcheroo-county
- PAX flap-jacks sides of the parking lot by traverse with bear crawl
- Round 1 completed; PAX completed 4 rounds of plank/derkins. Bear crawls were cashed in for lunges, crab-walk and broad jumps.
Selleck directed PAX to pavilion for Balls to the wall (BTTW). At some point, a man dressed in all black (not blue) joined the PAX mid-beatdown. Blue Grass was on Selleck Time.
- All pax in assumed handstand position for 30 sec count
- PAX rinsed and repeat x 3
The THANG: MASHY GRINDER
2 Man Masher
Wait Time took over the Q reigns and instructed PAX to partner up. First partner ran the circle track of the parking lot, while the other partner started in on exercise list AMRAP.
Lunges | Copperhead Squat | Shoulder Taps | Monkey Humpers | LSFs | Burpies | Peter Parker | Carolina Dry Dock | Crab Cakes | Wojo Squats
Wait Time moseyed the PAX back to the shovel flags:
Crunches to the Sky x 12 IC | Pickle Pushers x 15 IC | Cindy Crawford x 12 IC | Freddie Mercury x 15 IC | American Hammer x 38 IC (T-Claps to The Big One – Happy 38th birthday!
- Name-o-Rama – Folsom noted the wrong age, Picabo could not pronounce his name…a couple signs of a proper beatdown.
- Picabo with some exciting (and courageous) moves in his personal/professional life as he takes on his own business endeavor.
- If a Wednesday morning AO is in the works (ahem…hint, hint Big One and No Doze for Co-Site Q), Selleck suggested a kettle bell focused theme. PAX seemed receptive. Wait Time noting this would aid in recruitment of non-runners.
- Two opportunities to support community fundraising efforts:
- “Wheels” for Jakson – Event at The Warehouse Grille to help purchase reliable transportation for Jakson Delancy. Event is Saturday, October 13 and beings at 11AM. Roll Bar challenging the PAX to collect $2K for the cause.
- Support Pediatric Cancer – please help Lowman’s friend
@gvasconi get across his fundraising finish line for @pablove and their Pablove Across America ride. He’s riding in Lowman’s daughter’s memory (Coco) and in support of pediatric cancer research, and patient and family programming. https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/1220607
- Prayer request for Ethanol and alleviation of any pain his having in neck/back.
- Selleck read a passage from a poem by Nadine Stair titled, “If I had my life to live over again”
- If I had my life to live over again,
I’d dare to make more mistakes next time.
I’d limber up.
I’d be sillier than I’ve been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances,
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
- If I had my life to live over again,
I would, perhaps, have more actual troubles but fewer imaginary ones.
To read the full passage, click here.
- Ponzi took the PAX out with prayer and thoughts for the day.
Selleck & Wait Time