09/14/2018. The Woodshed AO | Elmwood Park | Elmwood Park Road
PAX: Cyclone (respect!), Folsom, Selleck, Wait Time, The Plague, TC (respect!), Baby Grand, Hard Time, Reverend Flo-Rida (An F3 Brother from Charlotte who provided the sweet tunes today -respect!), Peekabo
Weather: 69 degrees
Ponzi welcomed 11 PAX to The Woodshed. Mission statement and disclaimer were given. Ponzi informed the men that PAIN was the name of the game today. 2 quotes were given:
“It is a fundamental law of nature that in order to gain strength one has to push one’s limits, which is painful.” – Ray Dalio, Principles
“Man needs difficulties. They are necessary for health.” – Carl Jung
Ponzi then told the men gathered…”You’re welcome!” And we moseyed!
- SSH (20 IC)
- Imperial Walker (10 IC)
- Sun Gods (10 IC)
- Reverse Sun Gods (10 IC)
- Werewolf (10 IC)
- Pickle Pushers (15 IC)
- Dominoes – Worked our way down the line for 3 Merkins total then short-moseyed down to The Thang for PAIN TIME!
The THANG: “The Circle of Pain”
The PAX entered Ponzi’s Circle of Pain (patent pending) at the lower bowl at Elmwood Park. 10 Rounds. Each round = 1 body weight exercise performed as a group, immediately followed by 1 cardio exercise performed as a group. During the group cardio exercise 2 PAX ran 3 flights of stairs and served as the “timers” for the rest of the group. The cardio exercise concluded when the runners completed their stairs and returned to the group. Then immediately onto the next round! No rest! Just PAIN!
- 20 Merkins
- 15 SSH IC
- 30 Squats
- Box Jumps
- 20 Incline Merkins
- Plank Jacks
- 30 Calf Raises OYO
- 15 Derkins
- Smurf Jacks
- 2o Cherry Pickers IC
- Rocky Balboas
- Air Chair w/ 20 Overhead Claps IC
- More Burpees! (The Plague & Wait Time felt left out and requested these since they were the runners during round 4)
- 25 Monkey Humpers (By special request from the Reverend Flo-Rida on this one. Ponzi originally planned for 30 but had mercy on the PAX…and himself)
- 15 Carolina Dry Docks
- Jump-Ups (Don’t know the F3 Name but jump knees to hands)
- 10 Lunges IC – alternating legs + 10 Merkins
- Lunge Jacks
- Ponzi Attempted to Close out The Circle of Pain with 1 round of Yul Brynner
PAX Moseyed back to the shovel flags for…
- Van Gohda – 15IC
- Reverse Crunch – 15IC
- Pretzel Crunch – 10 each side
- Heel Touches – 25 IC
PAX were officially and mercifully allowed to leave the Circle of Pain.
- We are only 37 FNGs away from hitting our goal of 150 PAX by the end of October! If you are part of The Nation you know how beneficial this has been in your life. Let’s help other guys change their lives too and bring ‘em with you!
- Tonight Show and The Plague (coQ) at Oracle on Saturday.
- Ponzi shared briefly about previously avoiding painful or challenging situations in life after a difficult failure. But now being so wise and old he’s learned the pain, the challenges, the difficult things are to be embraced b/c that’s where the growth and the good come from. To which, Selleck reminded us, “Embrace the Suck!”. Much better said than Ponzi, Selleck.
- Last quote shared:
- “The challenges you face will test and strengthen you. If you’re not failing, you’re not pushing your limits, and if you’re not pushing your limits, you’re not maximizing your potential.” – Ray Dalio, Principles
- Let’s maximize our potential, PAX!
- PAX formed a BOM and Ponzi closed in prayer
T claps to Reverend Flo-Rida for posting while away from home on business and NOT pulling a “Cousin Eddie” at The Woodshed! Thank you for bringing the tunes today as well! Not a single complaint from the PAX about the song selection. Looking forward to your next visit!