7/28/2018, Oralce AO – Boystown
PAX: Daniel-Son, Boom-Boom, Ethanol, Dufresne, CSI, Reba, Speciman, No-Dose, Gipper, TC, Bluegrass, LowMan, Room Service, Lemon Law, Ponzi, Placebo, The Plague FNGs: Bedbug (Clarence Brown), Lunch Box (Keyshon Brown), Dave Swearingen (Superfly)
Q: Wait-Time & Selleck
Weather: 69 Degrees and cloudy, with chance of drizzle.
Wait-Time and Selleck welcomed 22 PAX to the gloom. Upon providing F3 Mission, core principles and disclaimer they informed the group it is “National Get Gnarly” Day…and to celebrate some of the PAX members will be called to lead at various times. The group pressed on to Warma-rama with questions about what gnarliness lie ahead.
The PAX moseyed to the Field House for Warma-a-rama.
- Windmills (10 IC)
- Sprinkler (10 IC)
- String rippers (15 IC)
- Tempo Werkins (10 IC)
- AST (15 IC)
- SSH (15 IC)
THANG 1 – Gnarly Stroll
PAX – 5 burpees OYO
Wait-Time doled out cards to members of the PAX to lead the group in exercises and practice the instructional lines:
First exercise is “SSH” — Starting position MOVE! —-In cadence, EXERCISE! 1-2-3
PAX performed exercise, then traveled 30 yards across the field to complete 2nd, 3rd, 4th exercise.
- Alternating Shoulder Taps – Reba
- >> Bear crawl 30 yards
- Plank Jacks – Room Service
- >>Lunge 30 yards
- >> Crab walk 30 yards
- Pickle pushers – Dufrense
- >>lunge 30 yards
- Cherry picker – Daniel-Son
THANG 2 – Gnarlicides
The PAX moseyed from the football field to the Farmer’s Market parking lot where they were met with F3 coupons (cinder blocks).
PAX – 5 burpess OYO
Selleck outlined the T2; PAX partnered up.
- 1st partner ran suicide drill
- 2nd partner started in on slight variation to Dora 1-2-3, partners flap-jack until all reps are completed cumulatively:
- 100 Derkins (feet on the coupon)
- 200 curls (with coupon, later modified to 150)
- 300 Squats (coupon optional)
Spicoli’s Wooly Bully
PAX moseyed back to shovel flags. As a nod to Fast Times at Ridgemont High’s Jeff Spicoli and all things gnarly. Selleck played song “Wooly Bully” by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs.
- PAX holds plank for song entirety
- When you hear lyrics “Wolly Bully” – 2 merkins
- When you hear lyrics “Matty told Hatty” or “Hatty told Matty” – 1 star jump, return to plank.
Wait-Time delivered the gnarliest 6 minutes (closer to 10 minutes) of Mary with 1 routine – CAPTAIN THOR.
- 1:4 ratio
- 1 big boy sit up to 4 American Hammers
- Wait-Time led us to 8:36, he was flirting with 10:40, but would have experience all out rebellion. While it was murmured there was no merlot spilled.
Circle of Trust:
Selleck and Wait-Time took a moment to discuss intention of COT and how it can evolve, how this time can really take shape by how the Q and the PAX lean in. It’s simply a time of reflection and belief that there is something greater than self at play. For 1-2 minutes after a beat down, the Q and any others can use this time to speak from the heart.
Announcements / Prayer Requests/ Share Session
- Placebo has two foursomes shaping up for 7th Annual Charity Golf Tournament benefiting CURESEARCH to advance Children’s Cancer Research. There’s still time to add another team if anyone is interested. $65 per golfer.
- Wait-Time shared a sad clown story of his own. As he started his F3 journey in Greensboro he admittedly was not allowing himself to be present/open to the PAX during COT. He stated his pride often prevented himself from growth and support of others during a time in his life when he was struggling with decisions in his professional career. His point being, there are likely guys in this circle who are facing, or have faced, the exact same challenges that may be present in your life today.
- Specimen recently accepting new job after resigning from previous employer in early May.
- Gipper received verbal offer from Charles Drew and excited about its potential.
- Prayer request for Reba’s wife as she and her family consider medical/surgical treatment options related to years of managing/battling Crohn’s Disease
- Lemon Law is training for a 5K, and is inviting anyone to join in the fun.
- The 5K is Sept 30th, and you can sign up here:https://ultrasignup.com/aspx?did=56850).
- He’ll be using the Couch25K app (by Zen Labs), which has 3 run routines/week for 8 week
- The plan: starting this Sunday, every Sunday at 8pm, he’ll go to the Millard West track to do the 1st routine for the week. Anyone can join in!
- This will be an OYO but together thing, as everyone’s pace is different. Then it’s up each person to complete the other 2 routines each week.
- MONDAY MURPH —-DON’T STOP, GET IT GET IT!
2 Replies to “Backblast: Get Gnarly”
How many reps did you do in Thang 1? I’d like to duplicate your workout on my own, I live 5 hours away. Thank you.
Each exercise was 15-20 reps. Get gnarly!