The Oracle Backblast: Red Barchetta July 7, 2018 – Boys Town
PAX (20): Boom Boom, Stretch, Coach K, Reba, Kilowatt, Lemon Law, Gipper, Ethanol, Wait Time, Dufresne, Curds, No Doze, Pacesetter, Sweet Tooth, Placebo, Hootenanny, CoopWelcome FNGs: Clint Verin (Sweet Corn), Ryan Anderson (Thunderhead)Q: Specimen
I was unfamiliar with the barchetta and had never listened to the Rush song, Red Barchetta, but I thought I was ready to put the PAX through the Red Barchetta beatdown!
Shifting gears from the welcome, the PAX moseyed up the hill to the south of the starting point to get after the Warmarama:
Carioca (20 yards down and back) x 2
I promised a “slow” cadence for windmills (x 15 IC) but was, admittedly, out of the gates faster than a barchettaat Le Mans.
Confused about what just happened, I put the Pax through flying sun gods (sobriety style – one-legged) aka“Nancy Kerrigans” (x10 each leg) to slow to a more comfortable pace.
The PAX finished the warm up with Side Straddle Hop (x20 IC)
After Specimen’s grinding of a few gears, the PAX picked up speed with a mosey to complete Clock Merkinsx5 at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions on the steps of the music hall.
Confused about whether they were actually completing a Le Mans type endurance race with more moseying to the soccer field, the PAX were ready for THE THANG!
100 Yard Dash then 100 SSHs, run back to start point to plank/wait for six;
75 yard dash then 75 mountain climbers, run back to start point to Al Gore/wait for six;
50 yard dash then 50 LBCs, run back to start point to plank/wait for six;
25 yard dash then 25 Merkins, run back to start point to Al Gore/wait for six; 10 yard dash then 10 burpees, run back to start point and plank/wait for six.
Seriously gassed, it was time to learn about “Crawl Bear”.
Bear Crawl down 10 yards / Crawl Bear back (reverse Bear Crawl) x2
Slosh Pipe 321s – PAX form two circles and used Boom Boom’s slosh pipes. While one PAX hammered through the 321s the rest did core work (Al Gores, plank variations)
(3 post hole diggers, 2 lunges, 1 overhead press) / switch slosh pipe with other circle (3 overhead press, 2 lunges, 1 post hole digger)
Clock Merkins on the berm of the soccer field before moseying back to the shovel flags.
American Hammer (x too many – thanks Boom Boom)
James Bonds – On your 6 in seated row position legs up/ Hold hands like holding a gun up in middle – 10 count/ left 10 count/ right 10 count
- Thursday, July 19th send off for “Curds” (Mike Romano) with the Thursday evening 6pm workout at Stinson Park followed by the Happy Hour send off at 6:45pm at Pauli’s in Aksarben Village. If you can’t make the workout feel free to join for the Happy Hour.
- Rucking – Standing Bear Lake (docks area) – 2pm on Sunday 8 July. Bring a rucksack/backpack with some weight and water (contact Boom Boom @F3BoomBoom on Twitter for more info.
- Abide donation items still needed: golf, football, and soccer items along with snacks. Volunteers are also needed and there will be a group from F3 going to help on July 14th from 9am-12pm. Contact Selleck (@jaredblong11 on twitter) for more info
- Still a few days left of the F3 shirt order if you’re interested (https://f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-omaha- shirts-pre-order) and sizes run small so order accordingly. 9 more shirts are needed to meet the minimum needed to order.
- We need more leaders and more FNGs! Keep recruiting FNGs and if you’re interested in leading let Wait Time or the other site-Qs know. There’s a need for Thursday morning leaders in July at TheMaize; contact @MaizeF3 if interested.
Keep fighting the good fight! Aye,